Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Terminate service as POA for family member
Lenkaj

Hello,

I have been trying to terminate a Verizon Wireless and Verizon Home (cable/internet) account for a family member I have Power of Attorney for.  They have moved to a assisted living faciliuty due to health issues and will never have use for these services moving forward.  

The process to try and get this accomplished has been beyond painful.  I am a sub-user on both accounts which I thought would give me some authority to speak to customer service on my family members behalf, but it actually provides no benefit.  When I log into the websites it identifies me a a sub-user and I don't even have access to some basic billing info let alone trying to get a call back or change billing methods.  

Verizon customer service no longer has an email account, I get nowhere with the Chat because I am a recognized sub-user (it says I have no authority as a generic robo-response, I cannot even get to a CS rep in the chat) and I have waited for literlaly hours on hold and have yet to speak with a live person.  I have contacted my bank who has created an auto-pay block for all Verizon accounts, but I would formally like to terminate these accounts so there are no issues with past due amounts, collections do to non-payment, etc.

Thanks

0 Likes
Re: Terminate service as POA for family member
jav6
Leader

@Lenkaj wrote:

Hello,

I have been trying to terminate a Verizon Wireless and Verizon Home (cable/internet) account for a family member I have Power of Attorney for.  They have moved to a assisted living faciliuty due to health issues and will never have use for these services moving forward.  

The process to try and get this accomplished has been beyond painful.  I am a sub-user on both accounts which I thought would give me some authority to speak to customer service on my family members behalf, but it actually provides no benefit.  When I log into the websites it identifies me a a sub-user and I don't even have access to some basic billing info let alone trying to get a call back or change billing methods.  

Verizon customer service no longer has an email account, I get nowhere with the Chat because I am a recognized sub-user (it says I have no authority as a generic robo-response, I cannot even get to a CS rep in the chat) and I have waited for literlaly hours on hold and have yet to speak with a live person.  I have contacted my bank who has created an auto-pay block for all Verizon accounts, but I would formally like to terminate these accounts so there are no issues with past due amounts, collections do to non-payment, etc.

Thanks

Can you get the primary user login info to use instead of your sub-user login?  If so, then you might be able to change the user level of the sub-user.  Resetting the primary user login password would generally send an email or text to the account holder and if you have access to those it might help.

...Just another VZW customer...trying to offer some assistance...
0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

If you are listed as a sub-user, do you need to have your lines transferred to your names before you close the account? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

It's never our goal for you to have trouble managing a wireless account, Lenkaj. We're here to help in any way possible. I've sent you a Private Note. Please reply at your earliest convenience. -Kia

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for contacting us. You will need to send an email to the following email address: Documenti@hq.verizonwireless.com. Please follow these instructions:

1. Make "POA / Conservatorship Documentation" the subject line of your email.
2. In the body of the email, include the following:
    -Your name
    -Your contact number
    -The Verizon account number for the impacted line(s)
    -The Account Owner's name
    -The number of pages in the POA or Guardianship documents
    -The mobile number(s) you want to disconnect or transfer
3. Attach a PDF version of your unexpired POA or Guardianship / Conservatorship documents. Please provide every page including the cover page, seal and signatures.
  *Debbie

0 Likes