Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Terrible Customer Service
MICCHR37

I have never had to write a review about another business until now. I feel the need to let you know what happened at my local team wireless store, because they represent Verizon. First I went online and was going to do the upgrade myself since there was a deal that If you order the Pixel threw the app you receive a free Pixel stand. I got threw most of the process threw the online Verizon store, but when I got the the choose a plan option there were only three options and they were all unlimited plans (not what I wanted to spend). So I decided I Will have to go into the store to upgrade, even though that means I would lose out on the free charger.

I went into team wireless add a line and get the new deal you were offering, add a line and you get buy one get one free on the pixel 3 when you pre-order. I walk in add tell them that is what I would like to do. They looked at me like I was crazy. She started asking other employees if they had heard of it. No one knew anything about it except the store manager and I still had to explain the terms and conditions to him. Mind you I walked by a huge sign by the door in huge writing PIXEL 3 BUY ONE GET ONE FREE PRE-ORDER NOW. So we got past that. The employee finally got to the point where we ordered the phones. Also she wanted to change me $1000.00 in taxes for the two phones. I said does not sound right, sales tax is only 6% in Michigan. So she did some figuring and agreed that she was wrong.

I had to upgrade my plan since I has on a single line plan, so I choose 4 gb and I was on my way. Then two days later I get a tracking number for one phone, weird since I ordered two of the same phones. I called Verizon customer service and they confirmed only one phone was ordered. I went to the team wireless store and explained this to them and they also said only one phone got ordered. So we went thew the process all over again. This time I was told that because I didn't upgrade to a 8 gb plan I couldn't get the deal and that is why the second phone didn't get ordered. Now I did not read this anywhere in the terms and conditions but ok. She said I will put you up to the 8gb plan, then when I come pick up the phones they will switch me back to the 4gb plan I wanted.

So everything is good from this point except after I pick up my phone they were super busy and I was in a hurry between work. The plan change never happened. I called and talked to the store manager asking him to take care of this, and he did. Except he said I would be charged for the first month at 8gb price. This was not what I wanted nor asked for and especially since there was no reason for me to get the 8gb plan except for some made up condition that I need it to get the deal, I was not happy. He said I need to call Verizon customer service. So I did and they reimbursed me the difference at that time.

Then I was told by the rep that somehow I have a 3rd line on my account and another phone that was ordered and deliver under my name. So she said she would transfer me to the fraud department. Well I was on hold for 1.5 hours with still no one answering so I hung up. Called team wireless and asked for the manager again. He was busy with another customer so I was told he would call me back.

NO call that day so, I left a message asking him to call em the following day. NO call again. So I called back and he was busy, I ended up talking to someone else and she told me that there was no third line on the account. So basically I waited on hold for 1.5 hours for no reason at all. I hope that this reaches someone that can take the correct measures to stop this horribly service from happening and I feel that if this situation happened to someone unlike myself who is knowledgeable about technology they would of been very easily taken advantage of.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Terrible Customer Service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

It would be difficult to be happy with the experience you’ve been through, MICCHR37.  I have sent a Private Message to your inbox. Please follow up with us there.

David_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Kingsonja1977

My second attempt to post this warning. Below is the feed I had with my third "Live Agent" for the day and 8th live agent since I opened this account. I have been lied to and erronously charged for service on a device I returned over a month ago. I have been asking for a cheaper plan for weeks and keep getting the run around. If you can go with another carrier I suggest you do so....I wish I had. 

11/4/2021

Feed conversation last well over three hours and this is what I received in regards to CUSTOMER SERVICE

I'm happy to help you with that. Currently, you have unread messages from your last interaction with a Verizon agent. Do you need to continue that conversation?

Yes

Verizon Agent

Unfortunately, it looks like the previous conversation you were having was already closed by the agent but don't worry, we will connect with the next available agent. Please feel free to type in your question.

We received your message and we'll connect you with the next available agent.

Please do not share any sensitive information (e.g. credit card, account pin, SSN.) during this chat session beyond what is required for authentication. If we need to authenticate you, we’ll send you a secure link, text you a one-time passcode, or provide a way to sign in with your online password.

The estimated wait time is 2 minutes or less. Please keep in mind in order to hold your place in the agent queue you will need to keep this chat window active otherwise your session could be ended.

I have tried all day to get some live assistance please help

Verizon Agent

Hi! Good day! I'm glad you've reached out. How may I help?

Can you pull the last chat conversation please

Verizon Agent

Yes. Please give me a few moments to review the previous conversation.

I need to request AGAIN to shut down the line for the MIFI as the MIFI has been returned over a month and I still keep getting charged. ALso I need the basic plan requested again for the phone line as I have asked this two months in a row!

Verizon Agent

Thank you for letting me know your concern. And I'm sorry this was not formally removed from the account till today. Please don't worry.

Verizon Agent

You have me now. I will make sure this all will be addressed accordingly.

Verizon Agent

Let me go ahead and pull up the account for you.

Verizon Agent

I have your account now. Please give me a moment to work on the MiFi device.

Verizon Agent

Almost done with the disconnection process for the MiFi device.

Verizon Agent

For legal disclosure.

Verizon Agent

Your device will stop working in the evening of your bill cycle end date 11/28/2021. Your final bill may include delayed roaming, add-on or airtime charges plus taxes. Once the line is disconnected, voicemails cannot be retrieved. Any information in the Verizon Cloud will be permanently deleted after 30 days. You will have fifty days to reconnect your service on all non-Hum devices, if you would like to reactive the disconnected mobile number. Your account will remain active until your disconnect date.

Verizon Agent

Shall I proceed?

yes

Verizon Agent

Thank you. Completing it now.

The MIFI has been returned over a month ago and I was told I would not receive any more bills related to the MIFI surely you see that in the notes Ive had with prior reps

Verizon Agent

I understand. Based on what I can see here. There was no disconnection request this had cause the line for the MiFi to still be active on the account.

Verizon Agent

Just want to set proper expectations that we don't process any changes in your account without your confirmation.

Verizon Agent

Just to give you an update. I have successfully processed the disconnection on the MiFi device.

Verizon Agent

Let me check on the most cost effective plan for your account.

It was noted and I was told it was sent to a supervisor for removal I have been trying to disconnect this device for over 45 days and do not think its fair to be charged when I returned it and followed up on the disconnection several times

I even called on the date I paid the last bill I dont understand why it is not noted. I was even told my account would be adjusted to reflect

Verizon Agent

I totally understand. Nothing to worry. I have completely processed the disconnection today. Please expect a one time credit to off set the charge for this line.

Verizon Agent

You will receive a disconnection confirmation in a few minutes.

Only the MIFI line correct

Verizon Agent

Yes. That is correct. Only for the MiFi device.

ok

Verizon Agent

Just to give you an update. I'm still checking for the most cost effective plan. Please bear with me.

yes

Verizon Agent

I appreciate your patience.

I appreciate your assistance. This has been a headache this is way more expensive then expressed to me at purchase. I asked of very basic line for my dad who is elderly and only needs talk and text and was told the cost would be 35 dollars

If it will be as high as its been I will return the device and end the contract.

Verizon Agent

I know you have shared that your experience in the past has not been what you have come to expect from Verizon.

Not at all

Verizon Agent

Please know that you have me on this. I will make sure to exhaust all of my resources just to make sure we fix thsi today.

Verizon Agent

I will provide you all the options once I have gathered all the possible plans we can set for your account.

Thank you

Verizon Agent

You're welcome.

Verizon Agent

Just to give you an update. I'm still comparing plans. I apologize for the delay.

No worries

Verizon Agent

Thank you so much.

Verizon Agent

Just to give you an update. I'm currently checking your usage to make sure the plan is fit for your account.

great

Verizon Agent

Thank you.

Still there?

Hello?

wow

Im copying this feed and lodging a complaint this is ridiculous

0 Likes
kh-taylarie

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes