Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Terrible Experience, $350 BYOD Rebate is just a big LIE?
mzhaq63

I switched to Verizon Wireless at the end of December 2021 and brought my three phones over which I had before. I was promised by the agent that I was in communication on the phone that my account set up qualified for the BYOD rebate that is $350.00 per phone I was given a promo code and I entered all required information the same day I switched to Verizon. After that I got an email about the tracking number of all three requests then one month later on my Verizon app I got a message that the rebate request is invalid due to non-participating location. The Verizon salesperson that worked with me does not repones to multiple phone calls and texts. Ever since then myself and my wife has spent countless hours and hours speaking with representatives that only give extremely terrible customer service and this issue has remained unresolved. I got a text from Verizon about a week ago on January 19 that said that I'm qualified for the rebate and this will come in four to six weeks but subsequently on my Verizon app every day I've been getting a message that my rebate status is invalid because it was not participating locations so I'm not sure what this problem is very frustrating nobody seems to give an answer whenever I call the agent after one hour or two hours somebody picks up and they've got no clue they always lie to me they sometimes say that you are qualified and all that but are but why I get this message on my Verizon app last time I spoke with somebody they told me that you know you're not qualified. My question to the Verizon is why I was lied when I joined Verizon that bringing three devices will give me $350.00 rebate per phone. I never gone into the branch, but it seemed that I was lied to but after that it's Verizon responsibility to live up to that promise.  I even have on my phone a text messages from the Verizon salesperson with the promo code with a 350-gift card per phone.

Please is this common with Verizon to get people to switch by giving false promotions??

0 Likes
Re: Terrible Experience, $350 BYOD Rebate is just a big LIE?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We always want you to get any promotion you qualify for. We'd like to see what's going on. Let's get to the bottom of this. Please send us a Private Note for assistabnce.*Melissa

0 Likes
mzhaq63

@melissa 

is the right way to send private note? please confirm 

0 Likes
mzhaq63

don't know how to send private note?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

As a valued customer, your concerns are our concerns too and we're here to help with your concerns about the $350BYOD Rebate, you're referring to. Verizon also takes protecting our customer's personal and account information very seriously.

Since we will need account-specific details from you, we’ve sent you  a Private Message on this topic:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox

-Robert C.

0 Likes