Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Text Message and emails for Bill Notifications
RobertJPalermo

I suddenly started receiving text messages and emails whenever my bill was available and when payment was made. Receiving both is not only useless but annoying. When I go into the Account settings page then to the communication preferences->Notification Settings, I see that email and push notifications are selected for both Billing and Payments and the SMS setting is unselected. If I turn off both of the push notifications and the email in the Payments section, then click save, I get a popup that warns me about data overage warnings(which is not needed for unlimited plans!). I dismiss the popup using the "X" button in the top right (only option) and the screen shows that the selections made are still there. When I logout then log back in and return to this page, the changes that were made have reverted back.

After one year this is still an issue! There seems to be a problem with the way the notification system is setup and it appears that no one has worked on it! The fact that I get a warning about not receiving data overage notifications on an account that has unlimited data tells me that this part of your system has problems.

I simply want to be able to reliably control how notifications are to be sent out.

0 Likes
Re: Text Message Bill Notifications
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello! I understand wanting to manage your notifications, so thanks for reaching out to us. I'd like to take a closer look and see what's happening. Please check your private messages to continue. Thanks! -Tracy

0 Likes