Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Text messaging/Message information
Helen1967

I have noticed that sometimes I send and receive a text  to an individual person and in the message information it shows up that the recipients are me and the person I am texting. The texts do not even show up on my text logs. Why is this doing this. It does not do it all the time and usually it's to one person. at these times, In the message information instead of listing phone as message source it will have Msgld with a lot of numbers and letters and underneath that it has Xid with mostly numbers. Any idea of what could be happening?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text messaging/Message information
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I've got a few thoughts on the pathway towards getting this back to normal, Helen1967. There are a few places to start though. What is the make and model of your phone? What is the name of the app you use for messages?

When did you first notice this?

DavidH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Helen1967

I am using a LG K8 V with the standard messaging app that came with phone, I believe it's message +, the other person is using a Samsung Galaxy J3 and I am assuming using the same app. This only occurs with one individual and I'm not sure if it's my phone or the other persons but it is odd and It only does it occasionally, not all the time. I really don't know how long its been happening, but not being all to familiar with cell phones, I was checking some things out and happened to notice this.

0 Likes
Bryana1

When this happens and only with very specific contacts does it occur, sometime the date and time are completely wrong. Yesterday day I received a message and in the details the server time was starting Jan 19th 1970 yet the message date was correct of feb. 7th 2021. And in the same thread under the details of my sent messages all the information is correct in regards to server time. I feel like this is hinting at some incredible hack as the person I was talking to always takes on not only a different tone and way of communicating that normal but doesn't remember recent conversations or specific events spent with this person, in person. Oh,and the contact is my MOTHER so it's safe to say that this person doesn't just communicate differently via text. Also my verizon network sometimes shows up to be a duplicate or inauthentic. Like all the verizon installed apps, programs, website, ect.

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes