Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Texted promotion they won’t honor
kharris2

Anyone receive this promotion?

“Hi. It's Verizon. Get a free select 5G phone when you bring a new line to Prepaid with an unlimited plan. Visit vzw.com/prepaid or call 888-384-1778 to add today. Reply X to stop.”

Contacted support because I want to get a newer iPhone and thought cool, I’ll see if any are in the select offers! This is how that went.

Okay i do apologize i dont see this offer i only see offers for $300 off or offers for 50% off

I would be fine with that if I was looking for a phone on my own, but I’m not sure why I would receive that text from Verizon if something wasn’t available.

I am looking over your account to see if i can find this offer one moment. What is the number that came from

Prepaid customers can receive $300 in credits when they purchase a 5G phone and select an Unlimited Prepaid plan ($65 Unlimited or $75 Unlimited Plus plans) This is that offer

That is definitely not how that message was described. Complete opposite actually. Bit frustrating. I wasn’t and haven’t been looking for new phones but every once in awhile with how long I’ve been a customer they send me deals, like my free 10 gigs of data forever. So I decided to see what select devices were available for free, as the message states. If Verizon texted ME this promotion, I didn’t even look for it or provoke it, how are they going to just not honor it? I contacted them five minutes after I got the text today.

So disappointed in the way they handled this. I’m never one to seek out free stuff or cause a fuss, but don’t message me an offer and then give me the complete opposite. I’m definitely taking my business elsewhere now.

0 Likes
Re: Texted promotion they won’t honor
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I would be equally disappointed,kharris2, especially if a free device was being offered! Is there any way that you could send us a Private Message so that we can take a look at your account and review the texts messages that have been sent to you, please?

*Stephannie

0 Likes
acraftylady2

Note it does say you have to bring a new line to prepaid so wouldn't that mean you are adding a new number and phone not updating your existing prepaid with a new phone?   The select phones are probably not high end phones for free.  The number it came from is not a 10 digit phone number.  

0 Likes
kharris2

Planned on adding my partner to my plan and giving her my old phone. I see the terms and understand that - and maybe it wasn’t high end. Still the point that they sent me clickbait and then said oh well. 

verizon texts me from that 9000 number all of the time - sometimes different variations of the last four. Mostly promotions - just did when I set up Touch ID on my vw app a few days ago so I know it isn’t spam. 

0 Likes
acraftylady2

Ok does sound legit.  Hopefully someone here can find the offer for you.  

0 Likes