Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Texts from me...
kittycon

I just recently blocked someone on my Verizon app.  Since then I've received six texts from"me" saying insufficient funds to receive this message.  Is this happening because that blocked person is trying to text me and it's not come through to me?

0 Likes
Re: Texts from me...
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Making sure that you can properly manage your blocked contacts is a top priority. Do not worry, we are here to help with your call blocking concerns. If you add a hard block using My-Verizon, you will not receive notice of messaging attempts from the blocked party. I hope this provides clarity.

I would like to gather some information to help isolate the issue. How long ago did you add the number to your blocked list? Are the text messages from "me" reflecting your ten-digit mobile number when you look in your phone's messages?

GinaU_VZW

0 Likes
fefecarter

Yes, for me the number that reflects is my 10 digit cellphone number and 'Me' shows up in the name area. So what is this?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thanks for clarifying, fefecarter. I am a consumer too and I sincerely understand your concerns with those messages. Particularly when you see show your own number. When you receive messages showing your own number, it means that the number is being spoofed. Nothing would make me happier than providing you with a way to stop this spoofing issue, but we do not have any way to prevent anyone from spoofing a phone number. Please review this link (https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-218765/) for more information on spoofing.

We make every effort to provide options for our valued customers to minimize this type of calls and messages (and spoofing), and we offer Call Filter. You can get just the basics (spam detection, blocking and reporting) for free, or you can subscribe to Call Filter Plus for all that and more for $2.99 per month per line, or $7.99 per month for accounts with 3 or more eligible lines. Please visit this link (https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/call-filter-faqs/) for details about the Call Filter feature.

Aside from clarifying those messages and providing you with the Call Filter feature information (https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/call-filter-faqs/), are there any other Verizon Wireless questions I can answer for you today?

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes