Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
The help section of VERIZON just sux...
Davedfc

The help section of VERIZON just sux...

I have been trying to upgrade my plan for more data... My 11 year old grandson used almost all of the data in three days... 

I try to upgrade to an unlimited plan...and the system kicks me back to a plan "recommended for me " that is LESS than the overage that I had.... why

It appears I have to leave Verizon after at least 20 years maybe 30  in order to get a half way decent plan.... I have always liked my Verizon... but today I cant even check the data usage for the above mentioned phone,,,, Much less change my plan.

I have been trying this for about two weeks.... and $$$ just keeps ringing up...

If I cannot get a plan I will definitely be leaving for another carrier...

0 Likes
Re: The help section of VERIZON just sux...
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

How are you trying to upgrade your plan? Are you signed into your MyVerizon account online through a computer or are you using the My Verizon app on your phone? 

Which plan do you have now? Which plan are you trying to switch to? 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Help is here for you Davedfc. We can provide the support you need. I apologize for the trouble you are having. What happens when you dial # DATA and send to view your usage? Is there an error you can share? Our Call Centers have also been impacted by the current pandemic. It's possible to experience longer hold times while waiting for an agent. We apologize for that.Your business matters to us and we don't want that to change.  BobbyN_VZW

0 Likes
Tigerstep

When I was 11, I didn't have a phone. Giving a kid a smartphone, that's on their upbringing not the carrier.

Recommendations are just that. Nothing to be upset over.

When you sit down and do the math with basic unlimited plans with autopay discounts, there really isn't much of a cost difference between major carriers.

Changing a plan mid cycle will always generate a higher bill than future dating it.

How about taking the phone away before blaming Verizon?

0 Likes
Davedfc

Each time over  a month I tried to switch to an unlimited data plan your system sent me back to my billing and there recommended a plan with either less than 6MB that I was on or went to a plan with 10MB.... I needed an unlimited data plan. Seriously it was the most frustrating experience that I have had with any service on line..... You really need to fix that!

I was so frustrated that I went to the Verizon store and changed the plan..... It was that or go to AT&T or T-Mobile.... and I really don't like them. 

0 Likes