Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
The "family plan" does everything BUT limit wifi. Is there anyway to prevent wifi access on a smartphone from verizon?
Neal01

I can limit voice and data but I can't limit wifi.    My kids seem to know this but the people at Verizon don't.  As a result the "family Plan" and it's various block are meaningless to any tech savvy teenager.

Sounds like in the future as opposed to paying for any plan I should just get a phone and conduct all my activity via wifi.  As soon as my contract is up I will be doing exactly that!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: The "family plan" does everything BUT limit wifi. Is there anyway to prevent wifi access on a smartphone from verizon?
MRCHILDRESS

Verizon only provides you with voice text and data which you can block. Wifi is provided by your internet service provider. You would need to set up blocks with them.

0 Likes
Re: The "family plan" does everything BUT limit wifi. Is there anyway to prevent wifi access on a smartphone from verizon?
Tinen

There are apps for iPhone and Android that will either limit, or inform you of, website from the phone.  There's a monthly charge; do a search on the App Store for Parental Controls. 

0 Likes
Weth
Sr. Leader

The best way to do this is with restrictions on your home wifi router.  Verizon doesn't provide the wifi internet and has no way to put restrictions on it. 

0 Likes