Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
There’s a catch to those free phones!
OlyRedhead

Verizon, I’d really love to upgrade my parents’ iPhones. Mom is 77 and Dad is 82. They’re on a fixed income. They’ve also been customers with you for 20+ years. As awesome as it is to get a free iPhone 13, they don’t need an expensive unlimited plans. Please think about seniors who are not using a ton of data and who have no desire for the flashiest new phone on the market. I was told by reps in store that there are no other good options for them. Is that really true? 

0 Likes
Re: There’s a catch to those free phones!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We definitely have options on phones that are inexpensive and can be paid off over 24 months with no interest. Many of those phones are not on promotions and can be on any plan. Let's go over some of the options. First, what are they looking for in a phone? *Melissa

0 Likes
OlyRedhead

They just need an iPhone that is newer than what they have - both 7s, with worn out batteries. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for the details, OlyRedhead. It would be best to interact in a Private Message to provide a more customized experience based on the account. Please check your Private Messages. 

-David

0 Likes
OlyRedhead

Hey David - those private messages weren’t helpful. Just a bunch of folks giving me the runaround and asking me for the same information repeatedly. A complete waste of time! Apparently my only option is to drive 30 minutes back to the store and hope I get someone more helpful the next time. I’m sure waiting in line at your store will be just delightful this time of year.