Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
This is over Verizon
JENIPOD

I'm so fed up with Verizon. Fifteen years, and I can't stand it anymore. I got the jet pack. Guy says unlimited. Then we all get emails and texts THE NEXT DAY we're almost out of 4GLTE Data. Guy NEVER SAYS A WORD ABOUT THIS!!! I'm beside myself sick of this. I'm going to TMobile or Sprint or whatever. [Removed] loyalty to Verizon if they can't be loyal to me.

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: This is over Verizon
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We truly value your business and definitely don't want to lose you JENIPOD. I know how important it is to make sure you're billed correctly, and that you are receiving the fastest speeds.

Did you notice the slower speeds once you reached 10GB of usage on the JetPack? Are you having issues with the data speeds on other lines on your account?

To ensure a quality experience for all customers on unlimited,  your JetPack usage will be reduced to 3G speeds after 10GB of 4G LTE usage. The 10GB cap applies only to your JetPack usage, other data usage will remain at 4G LTE speeds. You will continue to receive 3G speeds for JetPack data until your next bill cycle. I apologize this was not clearly explained.

In regard to your bill, please reply to the Direct Message I sent you so we can access the account and better explain the charges.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

This is definitely not what we like to hear. How can we turn this around and help you stay?

KleoL_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
JENIPOD

How about doing what you say in the first place? The ladies from days ago promised the bill would only increase $20 for unlimited, and now unlimited isn't really unlimited, but fast for one stinking day, then slug-speed.

Want me to stay? Truly unlimited 4G LTE for an extra $20 a month. Otherwise it all goes back tonight.

0 Likes
JENIPOD

Couldn't have said it better, as I've lost my patience to even have typed as much as I did...

0 Likes
JENIPOD

A CS agent can't further explain something he/she fails to mention in the first place. Just a fact.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

JENIPOD wrote:

A CS agent can't further explain something he/she fails to mention in the first place. Just a fact.

It ALSO is just a fact that it could take hours to FULLY explain ALL of the terms and conditions which apply to ALL Verizon plans INCLUDING the unlimited plan. Are you willing to sit thru a 2 hour explanation for the Verizon customer agreement before you make a purchase? MOST people would not. THAT is why you should try to educate yourself with the available information about Verizon's unlimited plan which IS available online.

If someone goes into a Verizon store and asks to switch to the unlimited plan, that person should not have to sit thru a 2 hour spiel just to make that switch. IF they don't, then there WILL be something with the service they WERE NOT informed about and which they were UNAWARE of and WILL NOT be happy about. THAT is ALSO "just a fact". Educate yourself before making a switch. I did so with the information available on Verizon's website AND I was aware of EVERYTHING you are complaining about back in February when Verizon first reintroduced the unlimited plan. The information WAS and IS there for your perusal.

Unfortunately, Verizon DOES NOT have their CS agents focus on the lowest common denominator of people who do not educate themselves about a plan they are want to switch to BEFORE going into the store. They instead rely upon the information given to them by salespeople whose job it is to SELL a plan.

If they FURTHER EXPLAIN this plan, it will make a LOT of people unhappy because it will take a LOT longer to complete the transaction. But that is the price you would have to pay if you have not already educated yourself about the plan.

People see the word "unlimited" and can't bother to learn about the plan. Other providers have the same type of restrictions Verizon has and Verizon has gained customers who were just as unhappy with these restrictions at other providers as you are with Verizon.

Unlimited at a slower speed is STILL unlimited. NOWHERE does Verizon state about it's unlimited data plan that it is unlimited at 4G LTE speeds. NOWHERE. Just a fact.

Yes, further explaining the plan MAY possibly keep some people from switching to the unlimited plan. Then again, you will STILL get people who do not pay attention or understand these restrictions and will STILL complain.

0 Likes
JENIPOD

It was introduced on the phone. I wasnt aware it existed until the CS agent said as much. In a case like that, trust is an issue, not a lack of education on my part. It would not take two hours to summarize the top ten facts. I also don't have time to deal with the online/store situation. I call them as I commute. I need to a able to trust who I'm speaking with, as once upon a time, that's all there was. If I'm doing something over the phone, their ethics must be impeccable.

JENIPOD

In addition, if I have a plan with 4GLTE and switch to unlimited, I'm inferring it remains unless the agent states otherwise. I can't read fine print over the phone. The more I recall the several phone conversations the angrier I get, and the more time I waste not listening to music on my drive so I can use talk to text for this stuff and calling Verizon.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We truly value your business and definitely don't want to lose you JENIPOD. I know how important it is to make sure you're billed correctly, and that you are receiving the fastest speeds.

Did you notice the slower speeds once you reached 10GB of usage on the JetPack? Are you having issues with the data speeds on other lines on your account?

To ensure a quality experience for all customers on unlimited,  your JetPack usage will be reduced to 3G speeds after 10GB of 4G LTE usage. The 10GB cap applies only to your JetPack usage, other data usage will remain at 4G LTE speeds. You will continue to receive 3G speeds for JetPack data until your next bill cycle. I apologize this was not clearly explained.

In regard to your bill, please reply to the Direct Message I sent you so we can access the account and better explain the charges.

JohnB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Sr. Leader
Sr. Leader

JENIPOD wrote:

It was introduced on the phone. I wasnt aware it existed until the CS agent said as much. In a case like that, trust is an issue, not a lack of education on my part. It would not take two hours to summarize the top ten facts. I also don't have time to deal with the online/store situation. I call them as I commute. I need to a able to trust who I'm speaking with, as once upon a time, that's all there was. If I'm doing something over the phone, their ethics must be impeccable.

That's the point, though. If you "summarize" there will ALWAYS be information left out which some will claim was not explained to them. Who is to say the information YOU want to have explained is the same information others want to be explained?

Not mentioning data speed on a hotspot/jetpack is slowed after 10 GB does not mean their ethics are lowered. That is simply something left out of the "summary" you get when calling in asking about the plan.

The plan is "unlimited data", not "unlimited 4G LTE speed for the data". "Unlimited data" at a slower speed is STILL "unlimited data". You are not on a 4G LTE plan. Verizon does not sell such a plan. Verizon's plans are backward compatible with 3G, 2G, etc... Simply because you are on a 3G signal DOES NOT mean you aren't getting the service for which you are paying.

0 Likes