Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Too Many Mistakes
JustAboutDone21

I am just about done with Verizon. There has been such a steep decline in customer service quality these last couple of years that I can no longer even handle the simplest of issues. Unfortunately for me, the issue I'm facing is in no way minor.

A few days ago after seeing the current trade-in promotion I decided to take advantage, my first mistake. After being outright lied to about the requirements to get a certain amount of trade-in value by the first couple of people I talked to, I decided to accept the value for my phone that I was being offered in an attempt to simplify things. I'd like to say that I placed my order with tele-sales, but I was transferred so many times that I can't even say that for sure. Long story short, the wrong phone was ordered.

I told the rep that they had the wrong phone, but they told me that the website would be updated with the proper information and that I would receive the correct phone. I did not.

Immediately after receiving the phone, I called Verizon. I haven't even opened the box because it was quietly clearly the wrong one. That's when my troubles truly began. 

For the last 2 days, I have been transferred to more people than I can count, each less helpful than the last. At one point an order for another phone was placed in my name without my knowledge. Another time the rep deactivated my phone without warning and I was left without service to my account while trying to navigate the chat. The chat is garbage, by the way.

Every time I was transferred to someone else, they each wanted access to my account and they each made changes without informing me or even explaining what the changes were. Several times when I asked the person would either stop responding or disconnect. I have been ghosted and hung up on more times than I can count.

Now whenever I ask for management the reps just simply hang up or ignore me. When I finally spoke to someone who said they were in management who was able to cancel the order that had been replaced, he told me that he couldn't change the terms of my order and then transferred me to a customer care rep who was very surprised to hear me speaking in English after answering in Spanish. That person hung up on me after I asked for a manager.

This is beyond anything I have ever experienced. At the moment I have an $1200 phone that I do not want in my possession and a $1200 device payment plan on a phone I have had for years on my account. Even if I went to a store, the phone I ordered is apparently back ordered for more than 2 weeks.

If switching to another service is what I need to do to be treated like a valued customer, then I have no problem doing that. I'm paying too much to be treated like this. The worst part? This is just a summary, the details are even more appalling. Fix this, Verizon

Re: Too Many Mistakes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hearing about the negative experience you've endured, is very disheartening.  We never want any of our customers to experience anything like this and sincerely apologize that you have.  We would like the opportunity to make things right.  Can you please send us a Private Message, so we can discuss? 

0 Likes
JustAboutDone21

I have no interest in going back in forth with yet another customer care rep only make things worse. From this point on, I'm only communicating with management on the corporate level. 

0 Likes
Doggo
Novice

If the wrong phone was ordered, the first step would have been to cancel the order, not tell you to go to the website so it can "update" itself...what?

I never let strangers order things for myself, I'm glad ordering a phone is easy to do on your own and not requiring a rep to interact with at all.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

JustAboutDone21

This is never the way we want you to feel as it is always our goal to provide excellent customer service, and we certainly want to turn this around for you. Please send us a private note so that we can better assist you.

0 Likes
mlverrilli

I have a similar experience, going on seven months now. Being ping-ponged back and forth, promised that there would be a resolution, asking for management and being told there's no higher I can go and all because of a mistake on Verizon's end. It ended today with me being told that there's Verizon can do for me and now I'm stuck paying triple what I expected to for a phone. Pathetic.

0 Likes