Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trade In Credit
GreenBeret

Does anybody know if you get your remaining trade in credit if you pay off the remaining amount you owe on your new phone?  I hear they (supposedly) give you a credit each month on your bill for your trade in phone.    Also does anyone know how long you need to wait till you can pay off the remaining amount of the new phone?

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Trade In Credit
Doggo
Novice

Paying off early gives up any monthly credits you would have received. 

Unless you plan on switching carriers or absolutely hate the phone, there's not a reason to pay it off early.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Doggo
Novice

Paying off early gives up any monthly credits you would have received. 

Unless you plan on switching carriers or absolutely hate the phone, there's not a reason to pay it off early.

0 Likes
GreenBeret

Appreciate you replying to my post.   After I woke from my senior moment, I realized that same thing.  Interest free loan and get my monthly credit for my trade in.     I just hope I am not another horror story like many of the ones I have read about lost phones, phones received with cracked screens, etc.   Maybe I should just leave my Otterbox Defender on the trade in to ensure it doesn't get damaged during shipment.   Don't really have a use for it since it won't fit my S21 Ultra 5G. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

GreenBeret, your device payment can be paid off in full at any time. If your device payment is fully paid you own the device and it can be used as part of a new trade in promotion. Is there a particular promotion you are looking into? What device do you have and what device are you trying to get?

*Joshua

0 Likes
GreenBeret

I believe there is some confusion about what happens if I paid off the new phone before the months agreed upon.   It was explained to me in a previous message in this thread.  I already have a deal being processed as we speak.  I am trading in a Samsung S-9 and purchasing a Samsung S-21 Ultra 5G with 256GB.    I am awaiting the new phone (Aug 6) and will send back my S-9. once received and factory reset.      As I stated in my earlier message, I will leave my Otterbox Defender case on it to ensure it does not get broken or damaged during shipping.   I no longer have any use for it. 

0 Likes
jmthomp07

What if you buy a new phone outright, like an unlocked phone from Apple and then swap in the sim card? Do you still forfeit the trade-in credits?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

As long as there is no change in the Device Payment on the account, the credits would remain. They are forfeited when a new Device Payment is added to the line.  *Rebecca

0 Likes