Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trade In Issue
bmanglona

I ordered 2 S21 devices on 1/16 as a new VZW customer. As part of that order, I agreed to trade in 2 phones. The promotional value was $750/phone. The online chat sales rep sent me an email confirmation that same day at 9:08 pm. The email confirmed that I had 2 device trade-ins. The email listed a Submission ID for each phone along with their make/model info and a link to check the status of my trade-in. I activated both phones yesterday. I realized I haven't received the return shipping boxes as expressed I would in the email. I chatted with a rep who stated that the submission IDs I gave her were not working. I tried searching myself. I also searched via order day and email address, to no avail.

So, I went to place a trade-in on my account. But I don't think I can b/c my accounts says there are no pending trade-ins and when I try to start the trade-in process, two orange boxes pop up saying:

"There are no tradein eligible devices for the given accountNumber" and "This account devices are not eligible for trade-in. Please choose trade in another device option to trade in a device."

There is an option to "trade in another device." When I click this option, I can still find my phone but it will only give me $110 instant credit. So, now I am forced to cancel VZW altogether b/c the only reasons we switched to Verizon was b/c one phone was going to be free with the promotional value and the other was 90% cheaper. Now that it doesn't appear I can do anything about it, I seen to be out of luck.

Is is possible to still trade those phones in for the promotional value I was told I would be getting. Not to mention, how or why would I get an email with 2 submission IDs and then all of a sudden not work. I want to get the $750 value/phone or it won't be worth it. Can anyone please help?

0 Likes
Re: Trade In Issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

bmanglona, we want to make sure you can submit your trade in devices. We would be happy to work with you, to get this taken care of. To clarify, did you recently go to the trade in website? CourtneyM_VZW

0 Likes
bmanglona

Hello! I presume the trade-in website would be where I go to check the status, correct? If so, I did before posting here. I searched by submission ID and by date and email.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We would be happy to take a closer look at your account and help clear this all up! Please respond to the Private Note we are sending momentarily for further assistance!

ScottD_VZW

0 Likes