Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trade In Issue
gina44nm

I was offered a $700 promo to trade in my iPhone 8 for an iPhone 13, the trade in was processed after the purchase so the rep said I may have to call and have them "manually" add the promo to my account. I got an email from verizon stating they received my phone, but I never received the promo. I waited the 1-2 billing cycles and still never saw it so I did a support chat and was told that they would do a promo correction on my account. Again I waited the 1-2 billing cycles and still nothing. I spoke with the trade in dept today and they stated that they could not find any record of my trade in or that they even received my phone. They wanted the UPS tracking number which I'm not sure that I have since this happened in March! I still have the email from Verizon stating they received the phone so not sure why that doesn't suffice as proof. I also asked to do a trade in with my new apple watch which was never processed. I'm not even going to bother with that one.

0 Likes
Re: Trade In Issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi there, gina44nm. It's important to us that our customers are in receipt of the promotions they qualified for. If you turned in a phone to us, you should always be in receipt of either its promotional or market value. The tracking number isn't always needed especially if the device was an upgrade. It can be found using the Device IMEI from the device you sent in. Can you advise if the iPhone 8 was activated on our network?

-Genesis

0 Likes
gina44nm

Yes it was activated on Verizon. The rep looked it up by the IMEI also and couldn't find it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thanks for getting back to us. Do you have the submission ID for the trade-in? You would have received it via email, thanks in advance.

-Rosie

0 Likes