Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trade-In Promo Scam
Pitt1

I failed to read the message boards and naively did an upgrade due to a $200 credit that I was offered. The store pickup process for my new device went great, got it in a day and was able to quickly switch it. The only issue was that the store was extremely busy and it took 20 minutes for anyone to great me and 2 seconds for them to get my order and shuffle me out the door. Slightly annoying, but somewhat to be expected on a Saturday afternoon.

Then I received the trade in box to mail my phone back. Easy enough, clear it and put in into the padded envelop within a box. Tracking info lets me know if was delivered. All smooth so far. Watching the status of my return online and all of the sudden my $200 credit is $10. I called into customer service a few times as I got disconnected the first couple. I am told I did not return the device I said I was going to return. It’s the same IMEI number for a device that has been on their network. It was a like new phone that had always had a screen protector and case on it. I didn’t need to get a new phone, but the trade in and the other discounts they offered made it worth it. After spending 40+ minutes on the phone, mostly waiting on hold, the agent says she confirmed with the warehouse that it was valued at $10 and the promotion was “up to” $200. Why would I take the time to return for $10. After continued complaining, the agent can magically offer me $50. I continued to explain my frustration and she ups the offer to $75 and says that is the max she can go. At the risk of getting hostile, I reluctantly accept to get off the phone and consider my options.

I honestly didn’t expect this from Verizon. I feel cheated and scammed and will most likely leave when I can.

You know what they say, If it’s too good to be true…….

0 Likes