Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trade-In not honored (DON'T TRADE IN YOUR PHONE)
Nomas117

Hi,

TLDR; Don't trade in your phone if you can help it. Even if you are given assurances from the Verizon staff in their store, they may not honor what you are told. If you don't believe me, search Verizon and don't trade in your phone. I wish I had.

The whole story

I left Verizon a few years ago because they were slow to market with better pricing. I went to TMobile and their service wasn't as good but my bill was always correct. Fast forward to last May and my son's phone died. Since he was going to need a phone and Verizon had better pricing we looked into going back to Verizon. The Verizon in store rep, named Lea was/is stellar. She took care of us. I bought SIX phones that day. We had two phones (my sons that was dead Galaxy S8) and my daughters that was cracked (iphone 8+) to trade in (in addition to 2 perfect phones (both iphone 8+)). I didn't think I could trade the non function phone and cracked phonesin but after inspection I was told they qualify. I was given two boxes, to put two phones each in. I shipped the packages via UPS a couple days later. 

The first month, the credits didnt take effect but I was told it happens and I would see additional credits in the future. The second month, all lines had the correct credits! I'm feeling really good about this.

Now I come to the July bill and they have removed two credits saying one doesnt qualify for the offer and the other was received late. Well I shipped two boxes with two phones each in them. So, if one was received late, two would have been received late. Also, If they didn't qualify I should have been told that at the STORE! So here we are, they have two of my phones, that I get no credit for now. I have no way to get those phones. I also have had credits removed from my account that I made the purchase decision based upon this. My bill is now $100/month higher that I was quoted in writing at the store. I have called the trade-in hotline, and its an automated switchboard that will confirm that, you don't have a trade in anymore but there is no person to talk to. If you call customer service. you get someone that cannot help you. 

So in a matter of a month, I went from super psyched, not going to leave Verizon again, to now I'm paying $1600 more ($800/phone) than if I didn't use Verizon. Part of me hopes Jacob or one of the other Verizon reps that look at this board comes to my aid. Here's hoping that happens. But as of tomorrow morning, I get hit with $100 more/month and the sad news is, I cant just pay it off early since the discounts are over the life of the agreement so you get really hosed if you do that. So Im stuck with $100 more/month til the phones are paid off.

Hopefully someone sees this and can help out.

Sincerely,

Frustrated Customer.

0 Likes
Re: Trade-In not honored (DON'T TRADE IN YOUR PHONE)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Nomas117, we are truly sorry to hear about your overall experience. We want nothing more than to make we keep you as a valued customer. Making sure you receive the device promotional credits that you qualify for is important. We would like the opportunity to take a closer look at the details of your concern. We have sent you a Private Message. Can you please respond to that message? Thank you. 

0 Likes
Nomas117

So, after getting a message yesterday and messaging them back several times since then I have heard nothing. The Verizon rep at the store is trying to help but cant really do what I guess they have to do in the trade in department. Basically what it looks like was done is I was given a buy one get one, instead of a trade in, which again. You have four of my phones. Please let me know how you can fix this.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for the information. We want to make sure that you get the assistance that you need with your account. To make sure that we are on the same page, you were supposed to be on a trade-in promotion instead of a BOGO for all lines correct? 

0 Likes