Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trade in Adjustment Charge
Frustrated2022

I NOW see a $100 trade in CHARGE on my current bill for one phone and a $55 CHARGE for the other phone that I gave to Verizon in December of 2020. To date of the $750 trade in credit I was to receive for each device I have received $65.04 for one and $110.04 for the other phone. I have been working on this issue since May of 2021 and just received my current bill with these CHARGES and credits. HELP!!!!!!!!

BACKSTORY - we purchased 2  Iphones 12’s for Christmas presents in 2020, OVER A YEAR AGO. We were told each phone would receive a $750 trade in credit that would be applied to our bill over 24 months. We were also told it could take a few billing cycles to see the credits. We kept waiting - NO credits. So in May of 2021 I called the “autorized partner” Verizon store we purchased the phones from and were told it would be taken care of but they had to get approval. July 2021 still NO CREDITS. Called the store again. Told same story - two months later STILL NO CREDITS. Called store again several times and left messages  - no call back or response. Called Verizon on Nov 8, 2021. Rep said the issue was elevated to management team, corporate would call me and store would receive receive a formal complaint. Never heard from Verizon. Never got any response.

Called Verizon AGAIN Nov 21, 2021 and was told a credit of $366.63 per phone would be applied to the next bill. NEVER HAPPENED. NO trade-in CREDIT(s) were applied to our bill AGAIN.

Called Verizon AGAIN ON 1/7/22 and told the agent I’m not hanging up until this is corrected. You’ve  had our old phones for OVER A YEAR and we never received ONE trade in credit. Agent said a credit of $437.50 per line would be applied for pro-rated credits. NOW OUR BILL has credits totaling $175.08 AFTER deducing the $155.00 trade in CHARGES. We actually should have received trade in credits of $31.25 per month starting in Jan of 2021... and here we are a year later with a total trade-in credit of $175.08 and ONE time trade in charges of $155.00. Mind you I was on the phone on my last call for almost 3 hours last month. ON HOLD AGAIN NOW after receiving an email from Verizon to continue the conversation in a private message to which they NEVER joined the chat.

BOTTOM LINE - we should receive $750 for each phone and SHOULD NOT BE CHARGED THIS FEE. I’m SO FRUSTRATED! We’ve been customers for at least 15 years, traded in phones multiple times and have never had this mess! Make it make sense!

0 Likes
Re: Trade in Adjustment Charge
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Frustrated2022

This 15 year relationship is important to us. We see that you contacted our customer service team at the end of January. A request was uplifted to add the promotional credit to your account. It can take up to 1-2 billing cycles for that credit to be applied to your account. Has your new bill generated yet? Please send us a private message so that we can take a closer look into this matter for you. 

-Lasina

0 Likes
Frustrated2022

I tried the private message, was given a link to join a chat TWICE and NOBODY from Verizon joined the chat. Very, very disappointed in Verizon. This has been going on since we gave Verizon our phone in Dec of 2020.

0 Likes
Frustrated2022

Also, a promotional credit was applied for the trade in BUT it was incorrect. ADDITIONALLY, Verizon charged us a one time trade in charge of $100 for one phone and $55 for the other phone. What the heck is this charge for? I see many other customers are asking the same question.

0 Likes
Trade In CREDIT NO APPLIED & NO HELP FROM CUSTOMER SERVICE/FCC
Frustrated2022

I SPENT OVER 4 HOURS TODAY trying to get my issue resolved. After 2.5 hours on the phone with Edgar, I was told that he was told by his "team" that TOO much time had passed to apply my $750 trade in credit. WHAT???? I've been calling the store and Verizon Corp since May of 2021 for the TWO phones purchased Dec 28, 2020. We were offered a loyalty/my offer promo of $750 trade in credit by text AND on our Verizon account for purchasing an iPhone 12. We purchased 2 on Dec 28, 2020. We were told it could take several months to see the credits applied to our account. I kept monitoring the bill for the credits but when our May 2021 bill came with no trade in credits, I started calling to get the issue resolved. 8-10 calls, several calls lasting 2 to 3 hours each, I wastold the credits would be applied on the next bill for the past 9, 10 & 12 months respectfully before the call ended. I documented the names and dates of all the calls. TODAY, I was told by Edgar that he did not have the credentials to resolve my issues. AND to add insult to injury, Verizon added a $100 & $55 one time Trade-In CHARGE to my current bill. Edgar said that's a glitch in the system but that hasn't been removed from my bill either. So Edgar said a supervisor named Gladys would call me back in the next hour or so. Guess what - I received NO PHONE CALL.  I'm ready to contact the FCC. 

0 Likes
Re: Trade In CREDIT NO APPLIED & NO HELP FROM CUSTOMER SERVICE/FCC
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Frustrated2022, after waiting all of that time I know that I would be beyond frustrated and I am truly sorry that you have spent so much time and energy on this.You have provided great details and we appreciate this as it will help in our investigation. As you mentioned that the offer in question included trades, do you have the submission ID's for these trades? Typically these are sent to you via email when submitting the trades.  -LorenB_VZW If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Trade In CREDIT NO APPLIED & NO HELP FROM CUSTOMER SERVICE/FCC
Frustrated2022

I have the paperwork from turning the phones in to the store we purchased the new phones from. We physically went to the store and handed them our phones.  I’m not sure why this is even a question at this point. In my conversations with Verizon, they were able to see that the phones were turned in at the store on Dec 28, 2020. We are owed the trade in credit and Verizon has continued to withhold said credits after acknowledging and saying multiple times in my 2-3 hour conversations via phone, the back credits will be applied on my NEXT bill. Meanwhile, I’m on payment 14 for both phones as reflected on my bill. And to be told, it’s TOO LATE to apply the trade in credits? Are you kidding me? 

0 Likes
Frustrated2022

I promotional credit was added to my account for $18.40 and 9 more credits for $18.33 for each line. This not the correct amount. Our trade in credit was $750 per phone which would make our monthly credit in credit per month $31.25 for 24 months. We are on payment 14 of the phones so even the number of back months is incorrect. You are correct that I called Jan 7, 2022 and was told by Zn I would be getting back credits for each phone totaling $437.50 and then the $31.25 monthly forwar I was on the phone AGAIN yesterday for close to 3 hours. A Verizon Rep named Edgar told me his team determined to much time has passed and they could not apply the proper trade in credit. WHAT????? I then asked to speak to a supervisor and was told by Edgar that Gladys would be calling me back in the next hour and a half as she couldn't take my case at that point. Guess what, no return phone call. And as I already mentioned, Verizon added a $100 & $55 CHARGE to my account under one time charges and credits for a trade in adjustment.... A CHARGE! 

Back on Nov 11, 2020 I spoke with Quible. She said due to the lack of resolution, a formal complaint was being filled by a corporate team against the store. Someone from corporate was supposed to call me within a week and when this happened it usually gets the attention of those involved with 48 hr. The manager at Verizon that was to be filing the complaint according to Quible was Kebiana. AGAIN, NOTHING HAPPENED.

Then I called AGAIN on Nov 21, 21 and spoke to Alex. He told me that he had received approval to credit our account $366.63 for each phone and moving forward we would see a $33.33 monthly credit. This never happened. 

I have called and called and been told the problem would be fixed. It is NOT FIXED.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Frustrated2022, this is never the experience we want you to have. Making sure you are receiving the correct promotional value that you qualify for is important to us. Allow us the opportunity to further assist and investigate this matter.

We have sent you a Private Message. Can you please respond to this message? Thank you.

-Sylvia

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Frustrated2022, it is never our intentions to never respond as I am showing that last agent asked for you to respond in order to initiate the Private Note. Please meet us back in private to allow us to better assist at your earliest convenience. 

-Kevin

0 Likes