Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trade in Adjustment
kaitlinsizemore

I requested a trade in via mail for my iPhone 8 Plus back in the fall of 2020 to allow me a promotional credit of 142 dollars towards my new device. I was never sent the shipping materials to be able to send in my phone. Eventually I was billed for the amount. I called and explained my situation and they sent the appropriate shipping materials in January, and I sent in my phone on Jan 3rd. I am still getting billed for that amount because the inspection on my phone still has not been completed. I called customer service (three times) and they reassured me that I didn't have to pay that amount and to disregard this in my bill.

Unfortunately, I am getting emails every day telling me that my account is at risk for being shut off because of an outstanding balance. I don't feel comfortable paying this until I receive the trade in credit, but I also don't want my phone to get shut off. I have called customer service 3 times now and I even made an appointment in person at a local store. The clerk in the local store told me to "just pay the bill" and I will be compensated later. Like I said, this makes me uneasy as this was not my fault to begin with and I simply don't have the means to pay that upfront. I requested the shipping materials in the fall and it's now February 2021 and I'm still waiting for this to get resolved. Any advice/guidance would be greatly appreciated because I'm at wit's end. 

Tags (1)
0 Likes