Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trade-in Credit adjusted from $800 to $83.50 Credit
cedarpine

I don't like the trade-in process Verizon currently going.  I have trade-in my device with impression will receive $800 credit for my current working phone.  After sending it in i got a message said the adjustment the value down to $83.50 (my phone has no crack on screen or leak battery conditions) .

I don't like this bait and switch trade-in scam.  I'd like to get my old phone back instead of credit of $83.50 and return the new device.  Will consider to move to another carrier with more transparent  in the trade-in practice.  Please help.

Re: Trade-in Credit adjusted from $800 to $83.50 Credit
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We always want you to get the promotions you qualify for. We'd like to see what's going on. Let's get to the bottom of it. Please send us a Private Note for assistance.

0 Likes
cedarpine

I have sent a private message to customer support but haven't heard nothing from my trade-in.  Please help.

0 Likes
jayquik03

Any update?

Loaan1

Not surprised.  I had the same thing happen. A working phone and they gave me half the promised trade in value. It's a classic bait and switch.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I am shocked to hear about your experience. This does not sound like us at all. I am a consumer myself so I understand being able to get your promotion is essential. I can take a look to see what happened. I have sent you a private message. -Amber

0 Likes
DB_2008_88

Would love to see if this was ever resolved. I was looking into this deal myself but it seem that nobody has really had any luck actually getting this amount in trade. I am thinking it is time to try out another carrier with better deals on phones. 

0 Likes
kgwmu81

We are having a similar issue after sending in my wife's XR. Her phone worked fine and also wasn't damaged externally at all. My family has been with Verizon for many years, I finally talked my wife into moving onto our plan (from ATT).

On Sunday Dec 5th, we went to Best Buy to get my wife the new iPhone 13 and switch all of us to unlimited data plans. Verizon was running the trade in deal of up to $800 for the XR, the Best Buy employee said my wife's XR was in great shape and would qualify for the full $800, so we went with the iPhone 13 256gb since it was only going to be a $100 difference after trade in. Well Best Buy accidentally gave us the 128gb, so I had to go back on Monday, Dec 6th, to get the 256gb phone. Due to the Verizon deal ending on Dec 5th and how Best Buy had to exchange the phone for us, I got concerned that Verizon may not recognize the $800 deal. The Best Buy employee called Verizon to verify that we would still qualify for the full amount (pending the condition of the XR), Verizon said yes. The Best Buy employee said that the form we will fill out online will show the max amount of $440, but that VZ will make the adjustment to $800 once the trade is processed. We sent the XR back in the Verizon provided return packaging. I just received an email about the trade in stating that we are only getting $440 for it, the email even states that the phone is in great shape. I was just chatting with a Verizon rep about that, and she stated that the final assessment was made on the phone and $440 is what the phone qualified for. She said it she could ask for it to be re-evaluated, but I don't know how much better the condition can be than Great??? Sure seems like a bait/switch kind of system. I've got a call with Verizon scheduled for this afternoon, so hopefully they can straighten this out. This stuff is frustrating because, now I have to chase this down vs it just working as it should.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

kgwmu81, we are sorry to hear about your experience. Making sure you receive the promotional value that you qualify for is important. We are glad to hear that you have a call back scheduled to help resolve this matter. Please keep us updated on the progress. 

-Sylvia

0 Likes
kgwmu81

Cathy the customer service rep I just talked with got my trade in value all squared away. We are back to getting the full $800 now. She didn't tell me exactly why it happened, but I think it was linked to the Best Buy exchange and my wife's line not being shown as a new line after we got the correct phone. The trade in deal on the iPhone XR at the time was $800 for a new line or $440 for an upgrade line. I will be able to say this is fixed with 100% confidence once I see the updates on our bill. 

0 Likes