Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trade-in Credit - help needed
fairskies

On June 1, I initiated purchase of a new iPhone 12 based on an email promotion I got offering $700 trade-in value for even damaged phones. During a chat with a Verizon agent, it was confirmed that my Samsung Galaxy S9+ would qualify for this promo with a cracked back glass but otherwise in good working condition.

After initiating the trade and sending my phone off I heard absolutely nothing from Verizon. After a couple of weeks I called to check on it and was told the device was received and I would receive promo credit in the coming billing cycles. 

Today, I went to check in on it and discovered that Verizon received my phone and assessed it at $41, rather than the $700 and has emailed me a gift card for $41. For starters, I never received the gift card, but I also dispute the assessed trade-in value and would like to initiate a promo correction application.

However, I have been on an insanely frustrating customer service chat with Verizon for more than an hour now, in which the agent keeps asking me the same questions over and over again and doesn't seem to understand what is going on.

if someone from the Verizon team could reach out to me and help, that would be great. Thank you!

0 Likes
Re: Trade-in Credit - help needed
ShaverA

Did you ever get this resolved? I have the same issue. I was promised $649 for my old phone with a trade in on a new iphone 12 and my bill would be lower if I changed the plan. Neither has happened and this has been going on since May 2021. I have been on the phone with Verizon for hours and chatted with reps for hours. At first they did not have my traded in phone and then they did receive it and tell me it did not qualify for the promotion which is not what I was told when I traded it in. They are now telling me that there was no such promotion at the time I traded in my phone. Lies. They are nothing but liars. If there was no such promotion, how are lots of people having the same issue?

0 Likes
Re: Trade-in Credit - help needed
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I am sorry to hear there are issues switching your trade-in credit.  please Follow and DM on the social media platform.  We would be glad to take a look at it. 

0 Likes