Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trade-in Device Lost/Stolen.. now what?
d4vidkim

Hello,

As mentioned by countless threads/Verizon users, I am another victim of trade-in lost/damaged/stolen by UPS.  

We purchased two new phones in Oct with the trade-in offer ($1,000/phone), received the new phones. I shipped out my trade-ins devices. (two phones, two separate shipping label provided by Verizon). Now both phone has been listed as Damage Reported by UPS. 

12/10/2021
3:52 A.M.
Damage Reported
Merchandise is missing. UPS will notify the sender with additional details. / All merchandise missing, empty carton was discarded. UPS will notify the sender with details of the damage.
Fort Worth, TX, United States
10/21/2021
7:32 P.M.
Damage Reported
Merchandise is missing. UPS will notify the sender with additional details. / All merchandise missing, empty carton was discarded. UPS will notify the sender with details of the damage.
Dallas, TX, United States

I spent COUNTLESS hours with customer representatives and after spending weeks with different customer service rep. the last rep only offered partial credit. 

Any help/advise will be greatly appreciated. 

0 Likes
Re: Trade-in Device Lost/Stolen.. now what?
mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

You did your part by packing and shipping, as proved by the tracking.
Because the shipping label is pre-printed by Verizon, it makes Verizon the shipper. This means just like if they were shipping you a brand new phone from them, and it is lost or destroyed,  it is between Verizon and the shipping carrier to deal with the loss. If you have any trouble getting Verizon to honor the promotion for full credits you can file a complaint online with either the Better Business Bureau or the FCC.  
Good luck

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

@d4vidkim ,

It's great to know that you've been keeping track of your trade status, although disappointing to hear that UPS has lost it. Have you contacted UPS since this had happened so that they can review what options they have available for you? Have you contacted Customer Service since this confirmation that UPS has confirmed the package as lost? -Russell

0 Likes
d4vidkim

Russell, 

As stated, i have spent COUNTLESS hours with verizon support (check my account history/notes).  UPS won't do anything since the label was provided by Verizon. This is beyond frustrating and totally regretting switching to Verizon. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Having your device lost in transit is very upsetting to hear.  We can completely understand your desire to get this matter resolved. We are  here and want to help in any way we can.  Can you please send us a Private Message? *Lisa

0 Likes
d4vidkim

Sent. 

0 Likes