Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trade in NIGHTMARE with Iphone 13 Pro
4dsebelle

I had an iphone XR in great condition, when the iphone 13 pro came out I went to Verizon- Elston store in Chicago in October, 2021.  I ordered the phone and was promised the $800 trade in credit.  I had to wait over a month due to a Fed Ex shipping issue, so I didn't receive the phone until a month later- and the phone was OPEN!  I didn't want a brand new tampered phone, so I took it back to the Elston store.  Two hours spent at the store, and the manager Nate stated I could take the open phone or cancel out the original transaction and he would order me a new phone.  Of course I didn't want the tampered phone; another month to receive the new iphone 13 Pro.  Once I received it, the promotion was dropped to $550, which the store manager Nate said a promotion correction form could be filled out after the iphone XR was traded in.

I sent them back my phone.  Had to wait 90 minutes on hold for some special promotions service rep named Shamika to fill out the promotional correction form offline on 12/17/21.  I was on the phone with her for 45 minutes, she told me all this song and dance about how she would call me in a week, no problem.  I received ZERO follow-up call, now I did the chat with an agent, and I was informed that "the final investigation reveals you are not eligible for the $800 promotion." This is fradulent! I would have NEVER sent in my iphone XR or even upgraded....!  I have spent over 9 hours on this issue in the store and on the phone.  Verizon is not the company it once was, I have been a customer for a decade.  It is not right to promise and under deliver by $250 because of your error.  I am frustrated and disgusted by the time wasted; if they won't fix the promotion, I am dumping this company.

0 Likes
Re: Trade in NIGHTMARE with Iphone 13 Pro
mom43boys

I get it.  I have had similar issue.  Don't ever use the chat to upgrade phone.  Ughhh.  I spent over 6 hours trying to get order corrected.  I too ended up having to cancel the order and reorder my phones.  We supposed to have them by Dec. 17th with the original order, but after it had to be corrected, cancelled and reordered I was told it would be December 30th, but according to the customer representative, "they are coming in early, so you may just have it for Christmas."  It is now December 27th and it shows that it hasn't even been SHIPPED!  I am, however, paying for the phones, even though I don't yet have them.  Even with all the hours spent, when they cancelled and reordered, they didn't give me an extra discount.  

0 Likes
SR121

I have been having a similar issue in which Verizon insists it is my fault they can’t find my trade in device despite providing them with the receipts! So frustrating dealing with customer service. Did you come to a resolution? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

SR121,

Making sure you can get your trade done without issue is always a big deal. I'm terribly sorry you've had trouble but we're here to help figure out any issues. What are you being told about your trade? What do you show if you check the status at http://spr.ly/6606JAvji

0 Likes