Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trade in Promotion
kkryspi

DO NOT TRADE IN YOUR PHONE!!!!

We opened a new line and bought 2 new phones under the promotion for $700 off/line with new account and phone trade-in. Sounds great?

Nope the complete opposite. We sent our phone in on July 4th, 2021. I have had to call Verizon EVERY month since to check the status of our trade in because we never received credit. It is now November 5, 2021 (4 months since we've sent our old phones in) and still no solution from Verizon. 

For such a large company you'd think this type of transaction would be simple  at this point. I wish I would have looked at the community posts before continuing my relationship with Verizon because this seems to be the sc*m that keeps them in business. They take your phones and refurbish them then sell them off to other customers while forcing their other customers to pay for it. If you're looking to upgrade you're better off keeping your old phones for emergency in the future or to sell yourselves. 

0 Likes
Re: Trade in Promotion
jwy001

I have had the same issue!!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

jwy001, We are concerned to hear you are having issues with a trade in and are happy to help in any way possible. Can you share some details on what problems you are experiencing? 

*Joshua

0 Likes
jwy001

I was promised $700 trade in credit, I have traded in my phone (11 months ago by the way) and the inspection center in Texas deemed my phone $0. The phone was practically new, the person at Verizon told me that they were unsure as to why it received that value amount and they didn’t have notes or tickets open to explain the value I received. Here I am 11 months later making my full payments and I still have not received my promotion credit 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

It sounds as if there have been many people looking into this matter for you, jwy001. How upsetting that it still goes on to this day. We are ready to help get things going in the right direction. We sent another private note to get more information.

-George

0 Likes