Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: We’re excited to inform you that we will be merging the Fios and Wireless Communities to a unified Verizon Community with a new look and feel throughout. If you are interested in what specifically has changed, please see the New Revamped Community article under the Featured Topics.***
Trade in Scam
Alwaysteachin

Verizon has CHEATED me out of my trade in. About 2 months back I was talking to a customer service rep regarding trade in credits and upgrading to a new device. As we discussed I ended up purchasing an iPhone 11 while talking to the agent and I was promised a $300 credit when my Pixel 3XL was traded in. This in turn would pay off the remaining amount left to be paid off on my phone. I went to the store to pickup the iPhone and was told that I cannot trade in the pixel at the store, rather I will have to wait for shipping supplies to arrive in order to send my phone in. I insisted I was told online to trade in at the store but they refused to take the phone. After waiting two weeks, trade in materials were never received. I contacted customer service and they sent me an envelope.... with no shipping label or anything. I then proceeded to ask for a shipping label which I got but when the phone was traded in, I never got any kind of email confirmation or trade-in ID. I used the tracking number to figure out when exactly my phone arrived at the verizon trade in center and I had to contact customer service in order to get any information on trade in status. Throughout this entire process I was promised on multiple occasions I would be given a $300 credit on my account. After talking with a Verizon agent today, however, I was told I am not eligible for the $300 trade in credit as I have not met the requirements. Even though I have had 4 or 5 agents tell me otherwise, including the one who sold me my phone as that was the only reason I was willing to upgrade. I am now told I cannot get that amount and there's nothing I can do about it. I GOT LIED TO, absolutely cheated out of the trade in credit. I've been told I will get the trade in value of my phone which is about 100 bucks, and that's it. I am livid at the fact so many agents promised me I would get the $300 trade in credit and now I'm being told I was never going to get it. Can somebody help me out in fixing this problem, this is utterly ridiculous.

Re: Trade in Scam
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We are eager to help you, but we'll need access to your account in privacy. Please send us a Direct Message via Facebook, or follow/DM us in Twitter to continue, okay?

StephannieP_VZW

0 Likes
Alwaysteachin

Is there no way to continue via email or live chat instead of through a social media platform?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We certainly want to make sure that you get the help you need. Alwaysteachin. For a live chat, you would need to select "Chat with us" from this page: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/contact-us/ While not a live chat, you can also send a Private Note here. 

RyanM_VZW

0 Likes