Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Trade-in Status
ricrod2003verizon

Dear Verizon,

I am a new customer.  I sent three trade-in devices, but only two show up on the trade in status page (https://www.verizon.com/od/trade-in/checkStatus#/checkStatusDetails), and out of those two only one shows as "Received" and so far I see that I have received credit on my bill for just one trade-in.

Devices were an iPhone 8 Plus, an iPhone 8, and an iPhone 7.  All three show as being delivered.  I received the following via email on 03 November:

Shipping information
Carrier: UPS
Tracking number:           
Order details
Order number: 
Location code:  

Shipping information
Tracking number:           
Order details
Order number: 
Location code:  

Shipping information
Tracking number:           
Order details
Order number: 
Location code:  

I am asking here because I have tried to get a status via phone calls and chat multiple times with no success.  No one seems to know the status of the missing devices, and the calls and chat are taking way too much time (and somehow the chats end up disconnecting every time).  Very annoying!

As I understand it, I only have 15 days to get the trade-in devices to Verizon, so I sent them as soon as I received my new devices.  Now it has been 15 days (or pretty close to) and I can't get anyone to confirm that Verizon has my trade-ins...

I hope that someone here can take a look and let me know what's going on.

Thank you.

[Edited for Privacy]

0 Likes
Re: Trade-in Status
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Ensuring your Trade-In concerns are addressed as soon as possible, is our goal, ricrod2003verizon. Have you spoken with our trade-in department? If yes, what did they advise? Please send us a Private Note for account specific support. 

CheyenneS_VZW

0 Likes
Re: Trade-in Status
ricrod2003verizon

UPDATE:

Verizon gave me credit for two of my three trade-ins.  They received all three phones on or about 11/19/2020.  They’ve confirmed multiple times that they received the 3rd (iPhone 8 PLUS), and they’ve assured me multiple times that they’ll credit my account, but to date, nothing.  

Last time I spoke with them they said they’d escalate this issue and get back to me via email or text within 7 days – that was on 1/3/2021 and I’ve not heard back from them.  I’ve spent COUNTLESS EXHAUSTING HOURS on the phone, have been transferred from agent to agent to agent to agent… and still nothing.

So, here’s the deal:

I will NOT be calling you about this again.  I will not spend one more minute on the phone with you trying to get you to fix this. Either fix this or don’t, up to you.

If I don’t hear back from you within the next 5 days with a “This problem is fixed” statement, my next stop will be the BBB.  Maybe they’ll have better luck.

If I have to go to the BBB I will be moving on as soon as possible, even if I have to pay you a ton of money to terminate my service early.  This is not about money, it’s about principle.  Either way this goes, I’ll be sure to share this story with everyone I know.  

I’ve been a Verizon customer for some three months now and so far I’m pretty disappointed with your customer service.  Never before have I spent these many hours trying to get a service provider to honor their part of an agreement. UNSAT!

The following is from and email from Verizon back in Novemnber 2020:

------------------------------

We received your device.

Thanks for trading in your used device. We've inspected it and have confirmed that the estimated value is accurate. Your monthly credit will appear on your bill in 1 to 2 billing cycles.

For additional information, visit our website

Download a Verizon Resale Tax Form for your records.

Thanks for participating in the Verizon Device Trade-In Program.

Device Trade-In Information

Submission Date:             10/17/2020

Submission ID:   26043019085891

Device:  Apple® iPhone® 8 Plus 64GB Gray (A1864) E248201

Appraised Value:              $35.42/mo for 24 months*

------------------------------

0 Likes