Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trade in Value Bait and Switch
Honeybee911

All communications from Verizon regarding my iPhone trade in indicated that the estimated value was $800 - see screenshot below. After calling customer service to find out where my account credits were, I was informed that I only received $400 in trade in credits, because I'm on a "lower plan", whatever that is. Apparently lower plans max out at $400, and higher plans max out at $800. I wouldn't have sent it in if I knew I'd max out at only $400. I won't be making that mistake again, and will think about switching carriers next time I need a new phone. Not a good look, Verizon. Shame on you.

Trade-in details

Apple iPhone 12 mini 256GB in White

View details

Estimated trade-in credit:

$800.00

Credit Type: Account Credit

0 Likes
Re: Trade in Value Bait and Switch
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Making sure you save everything you are supposed to is always crucial Honeybee911. I want to get to the bottom of that and find a solution. So we can do so I have sent you a private message. Please reply when you can so we can fully look into this trade.

-Andrew

0 Likes
Re: Trade in Value Bait and Switch
Honeybee911

Update - NO RESOLUTION - I WOULD HAVE TO UPGRADE MY PLAN TO GET $800 CREDIT:

Thank you for sharing that with me, XXXXXXXX. The trade in promotion is higher if you are on our new unlimited plan. I see you have a grandfathered unlimited plan which qualifies your line for $400 trade in credit. You can still receive the higher credit of $800 if your plan is changed. Is this something you would be interested in? -Angie

12:47 PM

What's the price difference?

1:00 PM

Great question, based on your usage we would recommend getting the Play More Unlimited plan. You'll need to switch all of your lines to this new plan in order to get this new plan. Cost will increase by about $30 per month more bringing total to approx. $315.91. You get great new perks with the new plan, here is a link with more info https://www.verizon.com/support/play-more-unlimited-faqs/ ~Christian

0 Likes