Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trade-in Woes
mlange1970

Frustration is growing here as I continue to try to get a trade-in issue resolved. 

I traded-in an iPhone X for a iPhone 13.  The submission id I have shows that they received it and that the "final trade-in value" is $0.  They don't say why, though.  Support agent via chat says to wait 1-2 billing cycles, but it's already been two.  

If the value is $0 for some reason then I want my phone back because it works just fine.  I'll keep it as a back up.  

Sounds like this is a recurring issue.  What am I supposed to do here to move this along?

0 Likes
Re: Trade-in Woes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello there! We're sorry for the trouble. We know it's vital to get this resolved as soon as possible, and we'd love to help. Please reply to our private note to get started. ~Aaron

0 Likes
Re: Trade-in Woes
Catin003

If you will search for the details of trade Ins (and you have to hunt for it) it states that once you send it in they will NOT return the phone. Under No circumstance will they return it. You don’t like their price, nope, they give you less than the rep said, nope. That is why I ended up keeping mine. I was going to trade in an I phone11 for a 13 pro max. They offered $440 for my sons broken one that would come in and allow calls, but screen was destroyed. Worked fine though as long as you used voice for actions. Then when I decided to not do the 13 pro max and go for the 12 pro max instead, they changed it to $330. I don’t understand how the value of your phone can be determined by how expensive your next phone is!!!! But anyway, I decided to not trade his ( don’t remember why) and to use mine which just had a minor screen crack. They offered the same $330. Then I read the fine print and seen they will check your phone when they get it, decide the value and that is what your stuck with it. Doesn’t matter what the two has told you. And you CANT GET IT BACK if you don’t like the price. This and many other reasons is why I am seriously looking into changing companies. I have 5 phone lines, two watches and about to get home internet and they are anything but helpful. Very disappointed. I don’t know what has happened with this company but they don’t believe in trying to maintain their customers. So sad. 

0 Likes