Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Trade in agreement not being honored
Alan29

Hello I recently made a deal over the phone to get an IPhone 13 Pro Max with a trade in. The deal I made with the representative over a recorded line was $800 for my iPhone 11 Pro Max trade in. I even questioned the $440 offer I saw online. The representative confirmed for me not to worry it will be $800. So, I called customer service today and was told this will not be honored. When I go to buy something and I’m offered a deal that’s the deal I’m expecting to get especially when it was confirmed. How should I deal with this situation? I feel like this is fraudulent and I’ve been (deceived)- (can’t use the word I wanted to) . Please help!!!

Re: Trade in agreement not being honored
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Alan29,

Our goal is always to make sure you get the best value for your phone. I know what a big deal that is. A discrepancy like that wouldn't be okay with me either. I'm glad to look into this and see what is going on. I've sent you a private message. Please reply when you can so we can get more details and fully help. -Andrew

0 Likes
Tnarmyng

Same issue. Multiple reps claimed that I did not qualify until I was out of the promotion window. December 6th was the last day. Last night I spoke with three reps that said no, no, no, the 4th was supposedly a supervisor and they said that I was but I was outside of the window.

Alan29

Hello thank you for responding. I tried texting Verizon last night. I was told there was nothing they could do and I would have to call. I called them today and after being on hold for 1h 45min I was able to talk with a supervisor about this fraudulent activity. They told me they can’t guarantee anything but, put in (a ticket) for $800 and I will know something in about a week if it was accepted or declined… if it’s declined I’m wondering if I should speak to a lawyer since I made the deal for $800 not $440. This is very fraudulent and shouldn’t be accepted. All their customer service representative’s do is try to spin you like their not at fault. I personally don’t think this legal. Hopefully the ticket gets accepted or I’m getting legal advice. Maybe this can help you. I made sure they confirmed the $800 when I bought it.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I want to ensure you get the full promotional value of all deals you are eligible for, Tnarmyng. I am here for support and would like to look into your trade in concerns more in depth. Please send us a Private Note for further assistance. 

*Cheyenne

0 Likes
Re: Trade in agreement not being honored (PROBLEM SOVLED)
Alan29

Hello I called Verizon last night to confirm a ticket was made… I ended up talking with a supervisor named Juan and he confirmed with me I’m fully eligible for the $800. Thank you Juan! (Problem Solved) Hopefully this helps others dealing with the same issues. Just keep calling and get someone that will give you a definitive answer. 

Tanyakays

I wish I had the same luck as you. Even when I have had confirmation from three different representative, online and over the phone, Verizon has failed to honor the promotional credit they gave me when I upgraded my phone that I owned. 

it’s been a nightmare. I never thought I’d see the day Verizon would fail me. 

im still waiting for the ticket that I opened to be addressed. 

im so tired of calling and chatting online. I already looked in to at and t to see how I can go about transferring service.

jordana01

I had this same issue too.  The sales representative said they'd give me $800 for my iphone XS 265 GB.  It had some minor hairline scratches on the glass but otherwise in perfect condition.  I told the rep about that and he said it didn't matter what condition it was in.  I sent my old phone back on December 20th and have been waiting for the credit.  The statement I just received credited me $170 for my phone.  I called billing and was told that the notes said the phone they received was not the one they had been promised.  But that just wasn't true.  The billing rep looked up what they had received and verified it was the XS, 265 GB phone.  She found the promotion and agreed the $800 rebate should have been honored.  She is reaching out to the "team" to correct the issue.  But they were so busy today, she couldn't get through and after over an hour of waiting she said she submitted my complaint and asked for rebate I'd been promised. I am really angry and feel that this is fraud. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Tanyakays, I certainly understand your frustration in dealing with your missing promotions. I know that I would be just as frustrated if I had the same experience. We want to help earn your continued business and keep you in the Verizon family. We've sent a private note so that we can better assist.-Joseph

0 Likes
WistradeCom

I am having a very similar nightmare and I’m now out thousands.

I was convinced to come over to Verizon because they would give me a $1000.00 trade in value on each of my four Samsung Note 10s for new Samsung’s upon signing up with Verizon. The deal seemed good enough to take on the early termination fee I would get form my previous carrier.

I went to the website to enter the details after making the switch and it claimed not to recognize my phones. I made multiple calls to Verizon for assistance and was given different answers each time but always told it would be taken care of. On my third call I insisted on a ticket number which they did give me. On my next call when I offered the ticket number, I was told they don’t refer to ticket numbers. The last time I called in they entered my information for the trade ins and sent me boxes to send my phones in.

Now many months into my service with Verizon I have lost countless work hours and personal hours trying to get this all rectified over the phone to find out that I still have not been given the trade in deal. To make things worse, they have possession of my four phones and today when I logged into my account, I see my bill will continue to start going up and I don’t know why. More salt in the wound is that I still have the cost of my previous carrier because I didn’t want to get the early termination fees on top of not getting the discount that I was told many times I was getting.

I currently pay just over $240.00 and next month its going over $260.00. This has been such a horrible experience I am reaching out in the forums for some sort of closure and understanding how this is happening.

0 Likes