Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trade in agreement not being honored
Alan29

Hello I recently made a deal over the phone to get an IPhone 13 Pro Max with a trade in. The deal I made with the representative over a recorded line was $800 for my iPhone 11 Pro Max trade in. I even questioned the $440 offer I saw online. The representative confirmed for me not to worry it will be $800. So, I called customer service today and was told this will not be honored. When I go to buy something and I’m offered a deal that’s the deal I’m expecting to get especially when it was confirmed. How should I deal with this situation? I feel like this is fraudulent and I’ve been (deceived)- (can’t use the word I wanted to) . Please help!!!

Re: Trade in agreement not being honored
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Alan29,

Our goal is always to make sure you get the best value for your phone. I know what a big deal that is. A discrepancy like that wouldn't be okay with me either. I'm glad to look into this and see what is going on. I've sent you a private message. Please reply when you can so we can get more details and fully help. -Andrew

0 Likes
Tnarmyng

Same issue. Multiple reps claimed that I did not qualify until I was out of the promotion window. December 6th was the last day. Last night I spoke with three reps that said no, no, no, the 4th was supposedly a supervisor and they said that I was but I was outside of the window.

Alan29

Hello thank you for responding. I tried texting Verizon last night. I was told there was nothing they could do and I would have to call. I called them today and after being on hold for 1h 45min I was able to talk with a supervisor about this fraudulent activity. They told me they can’t guarantee anything but, put in (a ticket) for $800 and I will know something in about a week if it was accepted or declined… if it’s declined I’m wondering if I should speak to a lawyer since I made the deal for $800 not $440. This is very fraudulent and shouldn’t be accepted. All their customer service representative’s do is try to spin you like their not at fault. I personally don’t think this legal. Hopefully the ticket gets accepted or I’m getting legal advice. Maybe this can help you. I made sure they confirmed the $800 when I bought it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I want to ensure you get the full promotional value of all deals you are eligible for, Tnarmyng. I am here for support and would like to look into your trade in concerns more in depth. Please send us a Private Note for further assistance. 

*Cheyenne

0 Likes
Re: Trade in agreement not being honored (PROBLEM SOVLED)
Alan29

Hello I called Verizon last night to confirm a ticket was made… I ended up talking with a supervisor named Juan and he confirmed with me I’m fully eligible for the $800. Thank you Juan! (Problem Solved) Hopefully this helps others dealing with the same issues. Just keep calling and get someone that will give you a definitive answer. 

0 Likes