Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trade in credit issue
jwy001

Hi I just want to post to this forum to share my experience about the trade in credit. Today is 03/06/2022, I switched to Verizon back in Sept of 2021 and started by trading my phone from the previous carrier to them. I sent the phone off early September to revive an inspection and receive the $700 promotional trade in credit (btw my phone was in perfect condition. After calling every month after to see if the phone had been inspected, no one seemed to know what was going on. Finally as of feb. 2022 they told me that the phone appraised at $0 and I could not receive the phone back. No one could tell me why the phone appraised that way, or had any explanation. When you search about this similar issue, ALOT of people have this problem (now we are expected to pay full price for the phone. I will be switching over to a new company within the next month if this does not give resolve and I DO NOT RECOMMEND SWITCHING TO VERIZON ESPECIALLY IF THEY OFFER YOU A “$700 trade in promotion” ITS A RIPOFF!

Re: Trade in credit issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, jwy001. We know how important it is for our customers to receive their trade ins full promotional value. We are sending you a Private Note to assist you further with resolving this issue. 

*Cassie

0 Likes
jwy001

Hello Cassie, I sent you a direct message back. Looking forward to resolving the issue

0 Likes
jwy001

Hey Guys just wanted to give you an update after speaking with someone (its been about three weeks) and still no solution or promotion added. I have came to terms Verizon will refuse to honor their $700 promotion trade in, if your reading this do not fall in the same trap I did. 

Button85209

After reading this thread I am trying to get on top of my issue.  I was promised $400 for an iPhone SE 2nd gen.  I processed the trade in the app, and followed the path laid before me and didn't change a thing.  The app had me purchase the new iPhone 13 mini.  I later saw my phone was only going to get $80 trade in credit and not the $400 I was promised.  When I reached out they said it was because I didn't put it on the payment program, but I wasn't given the payment program as it had me pay upfront.  They are refusing to give me the money I was promised even though I followed their app.  It took me down a path that gave less than the promised and didn't change the amount I was going to be paid.  This is textbook bait and switch, only they didn't pull the switch until after I sent the phone to them and couldn't get it back so I was SH out of luck.  We have mobile with Verizon, the 5G home internet, and my work phone has been verizon for six years.  Not great customer experience.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience with your trade-in. Is the issue that the phone was paid in full? Do you have monthly device payments for the new iPhone 13 Mini? 

-Vanessa

0 Likes
Button85209

The issues is the app automatically put me to pay in full so I "didn't qualify" for the $400.  Which is complete shenanigans, especially because it never said my trade in amount was going to lower.  I never got the chance to see the value and it never put me to a payment program.  Again, full on bait and switch.  All I want is for the $80 to be the $400 I was promised, especially because I followed the instructions on the app.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Yikes. This is a tricky situation, Button85209. The promotion for the $400 trade-in credit, is over 36-monthly payments. If you paid in full, the line doesn't qualify for this promotion. 

Did you try to call us to see why this option wasn't given? It sounds like you saw in the order, the phone credit would only be $80 without the Device Payments.  -Vanessa

0 Likes
jwy001

Another update, still no help. Verizon does not care about taking care of their clients.

hrippeon19

I did the same trade in promotion and they are also still charging me full price for the new phone!! I’m going to my local store tomorrow to try and figure out what the heck is going on.

0 Likes