Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trade in frustration
hh217

Upon switching to verizon, I traded in my old phone (white samsung galaxy s10+). I packaged and mailed the device myself, expecting an $800 credit.

My credit was adjusted to $15, they said that "Device was different than expected". Saying it was a bronze Galaxy Tab. I have never owned a bronze galaxy tab.

I am 100% sure of the phone I had and sent in. My husband had the same phone in black. We traded his in, and it processed properly. I am tech savvy, I know the model of the phone I had for almost 2 years. I spent a long time researching and selecting it, I KNOW WHAT PHONE I HAD/MAILED IN.

I used online chat to try to resolve the issue. That rep told me they were able to see that 2 galaxy s10 were traded in, and it must have been an entry error, but they were a sales rep and unable to fix it.

I tried to use the support request function, got the run around being traded from rep to rep, telling them the exact same info, only to be told "Device was different than expected, bronze galaxy tab).

I assume by now the devices are long gone, and I am left at the mercy of whatever someone put in the computer wrong, with no recourse to prove my point. This is a huge bummer, as I switched my entire family over to verizon, buying new phones for all, counting on this trade in credit.

0 Likes
Re: Trade in frustration
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Sorry to hear that you ran into this problem with your trade. We know it's always critically important that you receive the right value for your traded devices. A member of the customer service team can assist. We'll send you a private note so you can connect with us.

- Henry

0 Likes
hh217

I would just like to update this with the fact that customer service reached out to me and solved this issue very quickly. It was wonderful, much better than my previous attempts through myverizon. Thank you!

acraftylady2

Awesome someone from here resolved the issue.  Most times people don't cone back and update and it's nice to know.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

hh217, thank you for sharing this update and we are glad to hear that you have received a resolution. We are always here for your support should you have additional questions or concerns. 

-Sylvia

0 Likes