Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Trade in nightmare!!
Chrisjet99

I recently upgraded 2 of my phones. I ordered 2 new iphone 12’s and set up to trade in both of my old iphone 8 plus’s to get the $700 credit promotion for each phone. My trade in was verified when I placed my new order for both of my phones. When I received my new iphone 12’s both of which came in one box only had one envelope to return both phones.  I immediately contacted verizon via chat as I could not get through via phone. They said to send both phones back in the one envelope and it will be processed accordingly when to warehouse receives it.  I sent verizon my phones on 6-22-2021 and they received it on 6-28-2021. I only got an email from verizon stating it was received by the carrier.  As of today 7-14-2021 I do not have any confirmation of my trade. I contacted verizon as i was able to find my my submission number on the verizon trade in status page however verizon only shows one of the iphone 8 plus’s and not my other phone that I had sent to them. I reached out to verizon via chat and they claim there is no trade in request for my other iphone 8plus.  They only show trade in request for one phone and not the other. I’m beyond furious as I was told to send both of my phones back in one envelope. I have pictures i took as proof that I sent both phones in one envelope and I also have pictures of my upgrade showing i was trading in 2 phones. I also screenshot my conversation with verizon stating to send both phones in one envelope.  This needs to be resolved asap!! 

0 Likes
Re: Trade in nightmare!!
Doggo
Novice

That's been a common cause for trade-in problem for years. If you are sending back multiple phones, you never stick everything in the same box. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We know being able to get things fully resolved with your trade-in is important, Chrisjet99. We'd be glad to help with getting things sorted out. To get started, please send us a Private Message and we'll go over your account. 

ZakC_VZW

0 Likes
VerizonNightmare

I have similar problem!! And it’s turning out to be a nightmare to the point where I’m considering to switch to AT&T! Turned in two iPhone X for $800 credit for each line, but they said they received iPhone 8plus and only giving $400 credit!! (I was in the process of turning iPhone 8plus but I decided against it. Two of my family members, however, traded in their iPhone X but Verizon is claiming they only got the iPhone 8plus) Total fraud!!! Would never recommend this trade in nightmare to anyone. Been having this problem since October!! 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We definitely understand the importance of getting the correct promotion, and we can certainly try to assist you with getting it adjusted. Please send us a Private Note, so we may be able to assist. *Gert

0 Likes
janemax

Same issue.  "Traded in" three XR and 8plus, thinking I was getting 13pros.  Ended up with 13's, over $1000 out of pocket, a much higher monthly bill, no international texting, 4 $35 charging blocks but no cords that fit in them. 

This is the second time I have been completely mislead by VERIZON.  They are experts of manipulation.  I will not fall for it again. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Good morning, janemax. Please be assured that our goal is to make the upgrade (https://www.verizon.com/support/upgrade-device-faqs/) and trade-in (https://www.verizon.com/support/trade-in-program-faqs/) processes as easy and clear as possible.

You mention that you expected iPhone 13 Pro devices and you received iPhone 13 devices. Do the phone models you received match the models on the invoice?

Are you aware that you can exchange your devices within 30 days from the purchase date? Please visit this link (https://www.verizon.com/support/return-policy/) for more information on the return/exchange option. -Antonio

0 Likes