Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trade in not honored/Representatives have not helped
ablank92

This is an official complaint with Verizon Customer Service. The details of my complaint are detailed below.

On July 19, 2022 I spent nearly 2 hours on the phone to order 2 new iPhones, an iPhone 13 and an iPhone 13 Pro. These phones were requested to be delivered to my local store at Steele XXXXX, XXXXXXXXXXX. The representative, Amanda, did some research and said they were available at this store. My old phones were supposed to be used for trade in values of $349.92 for the Galaxy A50, Submission ID: 863926373XXXXXX Order number: 548XXXX, and Galaxy S9 64G for $699.84, Submission ID: 888413373XXXXXX, Order number: 548XXXX.

On July 20, 2022, I received an email that the phones were being shipped to my address. I went online to chat with a representative to find out why they were being shipped to me instead of the store I requested. I didn’t get an answer and was told the upgrade fee would be removed from my account.

On July 21, 2022 the iPhone 13Pro was delivered to my home, again, I requested the store listed above. I contacted a representative to determine where the iPhone 13 was located. The representative told me it was at the store I requested. I went to the store and there was a paper sign on the door that said they were short staffed and would take appointments only. I could not get a representative in the store, who looked at me, to answer the door so I could get my other phone.

On July 22, 2022, I went to the store and they told me the phone wasn’t picked up in time and it went back into inventory. A ticket was submitted for a refund on upgrade fee and I did not get the phone. This was ticket # 816XXXX. I asked how I was supposed to send in my old phones for trade in, I was told I would receive a turn in kit.

On July 27, 2022, 9 days after I ordered the phones, I was finally able to pick up the iPhone 13 that I ordered on July 19, 2022. My wife did not have the ability to contact me or my children for this duration!

On August 3, 2022 I took the trade in phones listed above to UPS, each with tracking number 1Z90A26FXXXXXXXXXX.

On August 8, 2022 the phones were received by Verizon at 9:38 am, in Fort Worth, TX, at the dock.

I continued to check my trade in status on My Verizon and it kept saying “Initiated” as the status. Because of this I have made several calls and each time I was told that the devices were received and the status would be updated.

On September 15, 2022, at 1:27AM, I received an email from Verizon. These are the contents of that email:

We didn't receive your trade-in device(s).

You completed your trade-in submission on 07-19-2022, but we haven't received your device(s) within the 30 day timeframe.

You will be charged back the trade-in value you have already received at the time of your submission. This will happen within the next 1-2 billing cycles.

Check my trade-in status 

Device trade-in details

Submission date:    07-19-2022

Total Trade-in value:       $1050.00

Trade-in value applied to order: $0.00

Remaining trade-in credit applied to Account:         $1050.00

Submission ID:      863926373XXXXXX

Order number:       548XXXX

Location code:       E33XXXX

Make/Model:         Samsung Samsung Galaxy A50 in black

Device ID submitted:       355671104XXXXXX

Estimated trade-in value: $9.72/mo for 36 months

Submission ID:      888413373XXXXXX

Order number:       548XXXX

Location code:       E33XXXX

Make/Model:         Samsung Samsung Galaxy S9 64GB in Midnight Black

Device ID submitted:       355418090XXXXXX

Estimated trade-in value: $19.44/mo for 36 months

On September 15, 2022, at 2:08 AM, I received an additional email from Verizon. These are the contents of that email:

Account number ending in: XXXXXX

Update on your promotional credit.

View my next bill summary               

Promotions and Discounts

Offer Description:  TRADE-IN DEVICE PROMO CREDIT

Disqualified mobile number(s): (XXX) XXX - XX77

Thanks for choosing Verizon.

On September 15, 2022, I talked with a Verizon representative and he assured me that within 2 business days he would call me back. He also assured me that my trade ins were received, and I will get the trade in values of $349.92 and $699.84, respectively.

Today is September 22, 2022 and I have not heard from the representative and my status for trade ins on My Verizon still say “Initiated”.

My wife and I are in need of new watches, and my son’s Gizmo is broken. I feel “trapped” and my hands are tied by Verizon; if I bought something new, I fear living this nightmare all over again.

This is the worst customer service I have ever experienced with Verizon. I am frustrated and my bill is totally wrong. Calling customer service and chatting with representatives have done me no good.

0 Likes
Re: Trade in not honored/Representatives have not helped
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello there and thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. We are concerned to learn that you have experienced this issue and it does show that we dropped the ball on a few things and we need to fix this for you immediately. I have sent you a PM, please reply there to continue.

-Candice

0 Likes