Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Trade-in promotion not honored. CS offered me $200 credit to go away
AT0929

Our family has been a Verizon customer for as long as I can remember.  My son's iPhone 11 was damaged and we took advantage of a trade in offer in June 2022 that provided a $700 trade-in credit towards a new iPhone regardless of the condition of the old phone.  I contacted Verizon sales, executed the trade-in through the rep, and was sent a new iPhone 13 mini, which we activated on his birthday in early July.  I was told by the orig sales rep that the old phone needed to be returned by the 20th of July but, surprisingly, there was no return label in the box.  My wife contacted Verizon and they sent us a UPS label in the mail to return the iPhone 11.  I promptly packaged up the iPhone 11 and dropped it off at the UPS store, and it was delivered to Verizon by the due date, and I kept the tracking information with the sales receipt for my records.  Verizon does everything in monthly payments, but the new phone payment wasn't offset by the trade-in on the following bill, so I contacted customer service, provided them with tracking and they said that they're getting tons of return phones in so wait for it to be received and processed and I should see the credit on my next statement.  Fast forward to Sept and 3 bills since I placed this order and still no credit.  I called CS again and they said I didn't execute an order that included a trade-up and I wasn't entitled to the credit.  I politely disagreed with the customer service rep and she put me on hold for a long period of time while reviewing our account with her manager.  Her manager came on and insisted that we didn't execute our order against the trade in program but offered me a $200 one-time credit to basically go away and forget about it.  I declined since that would be settling, the manager said they would review internally and call me back in a few days.  One week and another bill later no callback and I'm in the same boat.  Pretty disappointed with Verizon.  I've wasted a bunch of time dealing with this and their customer service makes me feel like I'm the crazy guy.  Makes me want to switch everything to another carrier.  I should have just walked into an apple store and bought the new phone outright and saved the headaches.  

0 Likes
Re: Trade-in promotion not honored. CS offered me $200 credit to go away
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello @AT0929 . We know the importance of understanding and resolving your Trade In concerns. Please send us a Private Note so we can look into this for you. 

-Tanisha

0 Likes