Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trade-in value and current offer
O-T

Earlier today, I upgraded one of my sibling's phones in light of Verizon's $800 trade in value.  The offer stated:

• "Get up to $800 off this device when you trade in. Upgrade required. For the first time ever, trade in an old or damaged phone free of battery damage (i.e. swelling, leaking or too hot to touch). Other terms and conditions apply."

I just found out (looking at the phone) that the screen has a small crack on the top right corner.  I am aware that once I receive the new phone, I will have to ship the old one.  My question is:

1. Would this change the current value? If so, significantly?  I ask because when I put the device's model (Samsung Note 9), the system did not present any other question regarding the condition.  The only thing mentioned, as stated above, is battery damage.
  2. How fast would an updated appraisal take from the day I ship it? What would I do in the meantime?  The phone is a surprise, so I don't know if my sibling can stay without a phone for whatever period it make take.

Any help would be appreciated.

0 Likes
Re: Trade-in value and current offer
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hi there! Thanks for reaching out to us, O-T! Since the promotion allows damages devices, the cracked screen not affect the trade-in amount. Also, we do not have an exact time frame on how long the appraisal would take once it's shipped to our warehouse. When did you plan on sending the current device out?

*Alexis

0 Likes