Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Trade in value changes
Diss

On Saturday I purchased a Galaxy S21 as un upgrade.  I have the "New Verizon Plan Unlimited" which typically doesn't qualify for trade in promotions, but currently all unlimited plans qualify which means the trade in value for my iPhone X should be $440.  I confirmed this with the sales rep before purchasing the phone as well.

When I started the trade in process on the website everything looked good:

Before.PNG

I completed this process and requested that a shipping kit be sent to me.  Afterwards I received a confirmation email which instead stated the the trade in value was going to be $25.56:

Diss_0-1637947197014.png

I know that this could just be a glitch showing the wrong value, but I just want to get confirmation before I send the phone that I will receive the full $440 promotional value.

0 Likes
Re: Trade in value changes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Good morning, I am sure you would like to make sure you got the right promotion on your device. I would love to help. I have sent you a private message so we can get started. -Amber

0 Likes
wbutler30

Be very careful... I was offered $300 for my iPhone 8 back in May and was given $40. The phone was in perfect working order and had no visible damage. Total rip off.. You can probably get a better deal through Samsung and not have to spend countless hours dealing with Verizon's customer service to get the value they originally promised. (I still haven't received the correct credit for my trade in from May!)

0 Likes
paulcathyj

Yep, I am another victim of the trade in value rip off. Even after 20 plus years with Verizon.

0 Likes
VZWMJS

I’m on hold right now dealing with this. 

The offer was $800 for my iPhone XR per the MyVerizon app. Had issues online trying to order so called Telesales who assisted. The app still shows my trade wasn’t received yet, just “shipped, but the website says it was received a week ago with the original estimate value at $800 and Final value at $0.00. 

The automated chatbot says the final value was $140. Chatting with a person they say my phone was assessed as “Not good” so I received $140.

Checking the value of a Black XR with 64GB storage in Good condition on VZW.com it’s $132. 

As you can see this is all over the place and I’m NOT happy. I was a VZW employee for 13 years and a customer now for 18 years. Not that any of that matters to them. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello and we'll be glad to help correct your trade-in value if the phone was received in good condition. We've sent you a private message to further assist. Thanks!

- Alan

0 Likes
cuechic

I had the exact same issue when looking to trade in my LG Velvet. Was quoted $440 thru Verizon, I bought the new Pixel Pro 6 and ended up with a measly $72. If I would have known I was going to get ripped off, I wouldn't have done the trade-in. Its BSSSS!!!!!!

Buyer beware, DO NOT TRADE IN YOUR OLD PHONE TO VERIZON UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE RIPPED OFF!!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

cuechic, I'm sorry to learn of your experience. Promotional rebates have several requirements. You have to purchase the device offering the trade-in promotion, you have to have a specific plan, and you have to purchase on the Device Payment Plan. If you did those things, we will need to help you get this adjusted. 

-Dolores

0 Likes
cuechic

yes, i did all those things and was still left with a measly $72 and a larger monthly payment.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We'd love an opportunity to look into this promotion. Please send us a Private Note, so we can begin. *Bee

0 Likes