Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trade-in value
Que412

Is most definitely  a scam! Its happening wayyyy to often for it not be. I just sent a phone back to the for a trade the end of April the quoted me 679$. Today i called to check the status and the actual 'so called value' $22. I was blown away, really Verizon $22. The phone I sent back was as close to perfect as the day my fiance 1st purchased it. He's very OCD and I don't say that lightly. Almost all of his things are near perfect condition. There is no way his phone could remotely be worth 22$.  I'm going to call corporate 1st thing in the morning if this trade in line doesn't give me a fair trade-in value. Give me the real value or send me my phone back !If that doesn't work I'll be contacting the BBB for further help.

Re: Trade-in value LIES!
pm115

Yes same here. This is a fraudulent scheme. My phone wa sin pitch perfect condition, and was estimated as having a value of $700 and instead they give me $83......click and bait and cheating. I will switch out carriers the first oppurtunity I get. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

pm115, we value your loyalty and we never want to see you go. We are sorry to hear about your experience and we would like the opportunity to take a look at the details of your concern. We have sent you a Private Message. Can you please respond to that message? Thank you. 

0 Likes
ddsdenise

Same! I was told that IF I upgrade my plan, I would get $700 per phone no matter the condition (I had a Note 9 with a cracked screen on my account). I have an older phone in top condition and traded it in also for this GREAT DEAL. They received 4 phones for 4 lines trade-in and are 'assessing' their value.  Well so far, it's not good. Apparently, the deal was too good to be true. I am so done with them! I will also be switching the first opportunity I get. I've been with them since the dinosaur days of Verizon!

0 Likes
Karl_Riley

Did you get a promotion or market id # from the representative?  Did you discuss the situation with another representative to assist with the concern?  They do have a process to correct errors for trade-ins.  I hope you are able to reach out to get it corrected, I would suggest as well if you can find it, to have the submission id for your trade-in and the return tracking number available so a representative can help you locate the correct trade-in device and research its status.  If it is the online value of the phone you have a concern with, yes the system online does not modify the value in most cases when a promo is involved.  You must submit the trade-in information online and get a submission id that will validate the trade-in amount and in many cases, if you are logged into your account when you submit the trade-in info and select the correct device you will find that the value and the correct promo will appear. I have been a customer as well for a long time and have had little trouble with using their online process to trade in my phones and getting the correct promo value for the associated phone.

Another Concerned Verizon Customer

0 Likes
instantyo

The same thing just happened to me. I was tricked into believing I would get $350 off my new phone purchase by sending in my old device, regardless of battery, etc... Shipped it in and got $36 back. Now I see very small print stating the Unlimited Plan is required. Seems like ONLY those with Unlimited Plans get any deals. Sure seems like a Phishing Scam to me, the way Verizon tricks you into believing you'll get a $350 for upgrades as trade-in promo credit over 24 or 30 months. My old device was worth much more than $36. I'd love to buy it back! All I can say here is that Verizon is an unethical company and I will never ever purchase another device from them. For now I will keep the service, because I'd had enough hassle and can't deal with anymore of this stuff.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

ddsdenise, 

We value your loyalty, and we certainly don't want to see you walk away due to your experience with your trade in! We want to make sure that you receive the offer you signed up for, and that your concerns are addressed. Please respond to our Private Message, so we can gather the details needed to assist with your trade in concerns. 

Thank you, 

Michelle_VZW 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

It's important to receive the full promotions you qualify for. We can definitely take a closer look into this for you, and make sure everything is taken care of. I will send you a Private Note, so we can begin to find a resolution. 

0 Likes
paulcathyj

I also am a victim of trade in lies after over 20 years with them.

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same thing happened to me. The Pixel 6 pre-sale promised $350 trade-in for qualifying models, including my Pixel 3 X-L.  The phone was in perfect condition - yet the estimated value given was $10.00!!!!   We called Customer Service who said they could not help with the problem, gave us a number to speak to someone specifically about trade-ins, which ended up being a line for business customers.  There appears to be absolutely no recourse, except perhaps joining the other rants!

I agree with @Que412, "Give me the real value or send me back my phone!"

Tags (1)
0 Likes