Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Traded in 3 phones, e-gift card only has $ for one
RANDYKAT52

I upgraded traded in 3 iPhones at the beginning of the years and was sent an email telling me to "Enjoy your Verizon e-gift card".  The trade in was supposed to be $200 each for two of the phones and $65 for the third, for a total of $465.  The problem is that the e-gift card was only funded for $65.  I've talked to customer service about this several times. This first time I was told that it takes a while for the card to fund, check next month.  The last two times I was put into transfer and hold mode and no one was able to address my problem.

I see on the board that others have had similar problems, but I'm looking for the number to call to get this problem resolved.  It's been almost five months now and I could use the $400 I was supposed to get.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you,

Randy

0 Likes
Re: Traded in 3 phones, e-gift card only has $ for one
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We want our customers to be provided with the card promised for service. In order to review this more please allow me to access your account to see what issues may have happened with your gift card. To review this more send us a private message for review. JasperM_VZW

0 Likes
RANDYKAT52

I have made phone calls  and tried the "Chat" feature, with no success.  How do I "send a private message"?  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, RANDYKAT52. We definitely want to make sure that you receive the trade-in value promotion that you were eligible for. Can you please share with us when this trade-in took place? What are the full names of the iPhones that you traded in? BrettA_VZW

0 Likes
RANDYKAT52

Sorry for the delay.  I've been a bit busy.  Here is the information:

Trade-in details

Submission date:              01-25-2020

Make/Model:    Apple Apple iPhone 7 128GB in Black

Device ID submitted:      3538-------6581

Final trade-in value:        200.00

Make/Model:    Apple Apple iPhone 7 Plus 256GB in Jet Black

Device ID submitted:      3591-------7833

Final trade-in value:        200.00

Make/Model:    Apple Apple iPhone 7 Plus 32GB in Black

Device ID submitted:      3591-------2086

Final trade-in value:        65.00

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

@RANDYKAT52

Thank you for the additional details. With these submission IDs that you had partially provided, have you checked them on the trade-in website? This link would let you enter a submission ID to see the status of a trade, including how any related payments were given: https://www.verizon.com/od/trade-in/checkStatus#/ . That can include a gift card or account credit, just to name a few. Since you had said that you already received the credit for $65.00, what does it show when you check out that submission ID versus the other two?

RussellM_VZW

0 Likes
RANDYKAT52

I went to the Website you gave me.  I do not have a "Submission ID".  What I have is three "Device ID submitted" numbers.  None of these bring up anything.  My email address does not return anything.  All I see is a message saying "Oops we are unable to find ...." for all three.

Where do I go from here?  You are the only one who has even tried to help me.  I'm beginning to think someone at the store walkws off with my $400

Randy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

RANDYKAT52, we want to thank you for all of your efforts. Making sure you receive the proper trade-in credits for your devices is important. Allow us the opportunity to take a closer look at the details of your concern. We have sent you a Private Message. Can you please respond to that message? Thank you.

SylviaT_VZW

0 Likes