Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Transfer Line between account.
WKK_

I'm currently using an account with my brother, and I keep trying to move my home sharer's line. My brother is the account owner. 

I started the transfer on Oct 2, 2021, Friday 7AM.  

When he started with the transfer via online which is called "Transfer Service", and the home sharer started to move his account.

However, when he proceeded to add me to his account, it said "Sorry we couldn't find that number. This may be because the number transfer process has not yet started. When it does, we'll send a text update to the number you requested to transfer. If you continue to receive this message, contact customer service so we can help find your number transfer request". 

And the receiver checked my information, it said "the number you entered cannot be ported Verizon. Please try again or request a new number."

100% sure, he sent the transfer email to a new owner, because when he tried to resend it, Verizon said: "it is already transfer process".

I'm currently using Verizon for 2 years, with this phone number. But, I change my phone on September 24, 2021, to iPhone 13 Pro. I bought it in Apple Store and I am reusing this sim card on this phone.  

Can this happen if the email and manager's name is incorrect?

Do I need to ask to do the transfer process again?

0 Likes
Re: Transfer Line between account.
mama23dogs
Sr. Leader

@WKK_ wrote:

I'm currently using an account with my brother, and I keep trying to move my home sharer's line. My brother is the account owner. 

Home sharer line”?   What is this?  I’ve never heard this term used before.   Do you mean ‘room mate’?   

I started the transfer on Oct 2, 2021, Friday 7AM.  

When he started with the transfer via online which is called "Transfer Service", and the home sharer started to move his account.

Transfer service” is done when you were moving a phone line from a different service provider. If this person is already a postpaid Verizon user you would want to be using a ‘transfer of billing responsibility.’   

However, when he proceeded to add me to his account, it said "Sorry we couldn't find that number. This may be because the number transfer process has not yet started. When it does, we'll send a text update to the number you requested to transfer. If you continue to receive this message, contact customer service so we can help find your number transfer request". 

And the receiver checked my information, it said "the number you entered cannot be ported Verizon. Please try again or request a new number."

This sure sounds like the number is already a Verizon number, perhaps Verizon prepaid?   You do not ‘Port’ within Verizon.  When transferring prepaid to postpaid, or absorbing another postpaid line this is a transfer of billing responsibility not a transfer of service also called a number port.

100% sure, he sent the transfer email to a new owner, because when he tried to resend it, Verizon said: "it is already transfer process".

I'm currently using Verizon for 2 years, with this phone number. But, I change my phone on September 24, 2021, to iPhone 13 Pro. I bought it in Apple Store and I am reusing this sim card on this phone.  

Can this happen if the email and manager's name is incorrect?

Do I need to ask to do the transfer process again?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I do understand the importance in being able to transfer your line, and we are here to help with this process. Please send us a Private Message, so that we can help resolve all your concerns. *Robert

0 Likes
joshua_taft

Having a similar issue.

wish there was someone i could call and talk to in order to get this resolved.

seems like verizon doesn't have enough employees to answer service calls and stores are apparently not given the tools to help customers anymore either. I went to a store and they apologized and said everything has to be done through corporate now.

so here i am on hold for a mystery department that can actually handle my call. however based on previous calls i'm sure i will get transferred and disconnected a few times. 

Record so far is 4 hours of calling before i get help and support. we are at almost 2 hours since initial  request of transfer. Let us see if they beat their record of longest time to give their customer support.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

joshua_taft, making sure you receive the help you need is crucial. I'm sorry that you've had problems with transferring a line to a different account. This process is called Transfer Your Service. I'm not sure what troubles you're running into exactly. Please take a look at the steps that you can use to do the Transfer Your Service by clicking here https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-215848/  We have a Transfer Your Service Team that will be able to help you with any issue you're having. They can be reached at 888-832-4540.  -Alicia

0 Likes