Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Transferring phone to different line on my account
Jess726

Hello! I’m upgrading my current IPhone 8 Plus to the IPhone 12 Pro Max and am wanting to give my 8 plus to my mom, who is on my account. How do I do this? If I use the swap phones on my account it would swap my new IPhone 12 with her current droid phone, not the 8 Plus that she would be using. Any help would be appreciated!!

0 Likes
Re: Transferring phone to different line on my account
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello Jess726 and congratulations on your new phone. It is great that you are looking to pass your phone down to your mom so that it can still be used. The process is very easy as it is simply swapping the device between the 2 lines. If you click the link here https://www.verizon.com/support/how-to-switch-device-video/ it will go through the steps needed to complete the change. We would recommend completely wiping the device before this process to make sure there are no mixups of content. You would also want to make sure that your new phone has already been activated before trying to activate your old phone on your mom's line. I certainly hope this information helps but we are here if you run into any additional trouble.-Candice

0 Likes
Re: Transferring phone to different line on my account
Ann154
Expert
Expert

@Jess726 wrote:

Hello! I’m upgrading my current IPhone 8 Plus to the IPhone 12 Pro Max and am wanting to give my 8 plus to my mom, who is on my account. How do I do this? If I use the swap phones on my account it would swap my new IPhone 12 with her current droid phone, not the 8 Plus that she would be using. Any help would be appreciated!!

Activate the iPhone 12 Pro Max on your line. 

Wipe the iPhone 8 plus with factory reset and remove your old SIM card from the iPhone 8 plus.

If the SIM card from your mom's android phone fits, you can use it to activate the iPhone 8 plus on her line. Setup the iPhone 8 plus with your mom's account and add a new Apple ID if she doesn't already have one. You can also look at linking her Apple ID to your Apple family account to share apps and music.

After the iPhone 8 plus is activated on her line, you should sign in your MyVerizon account online and double her line has changed her voicemail feature from the Basic Visual voicemail or basic non-visual voicemail feature to the Apple visual voicemail feature. She will need to setup her voicemail again. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes