Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, get the incredible iPhone 13 Pro on us. Online only. With select 5G Unlimited plans. Ends 12.5. Buy now
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Transferring upgrade to a different line, preparing
Ir_ked

I have two lines on my account. One with an iphone 7 for the kid and this is the trade-in phone also.  The parent account has an iphone 12.  The account with the iphone 7 was just upgraded to an iphone 14 Plus. The ending outcome needs to be the 14 Plus replaces the iphone 12, the iphone 12 moves to the kid's account and then the iphone 7 is returned for the credit.

What is the best way to plan this switch? Is it best to just do the upgrade on the iphone 7 and get that shipped back for the credit that I need?  Then worry about swapping the two phones between the lines and transferring data? Is it best to the get the data transferred over to the correct phone while a third phone is available, of course before sending the iphone 7 back?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct Answers
Re: Transferring upgrade to a different line, preparing
Ir_ked

In hind sight I should have switched the two phones on the account prior to submitting my order for the iPhone 14.  Lesson learned and it is going to cost me.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, Ir_ked. Please, send us a Private Note to address this issue immediately. 

>Mel

0 Likes
Ir_ked

I spent time looking for my thread to see if there was a response. Apparently I found it 10 minutes after the support line shut down.  Now I need to wait for tomorrow.

0 Likes
Ir_ked

In hind sight I should have switched the two phones on the account prior to submitting my order for the iPhone 14.  Lesson learned and it is going to cost me.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Ir_ked I will be sending you a private note with all the information. >Jocelyn

0 Likes