Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trusted certificate?
ncsu_07

Just bought my husband a new iPhone SE 2020 service is still with Verizon. He keeps getting an error message that says Cannot Verify Server Identity. “The identity of cl2lv.imsvm.com cannot be trusted.” When you click on details it says the Organization is Verizon Data Services LLC issued by DigiCert Inc. How do I stop this? Do I “trust” it?

0 Likes
Re: Trusted certificate?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I am sorry for any trouble as we would love to see him enjoy the phone without an error! Is the phone working for voice, text and data services otherwise?  -Yale

0 Likes
acraftylady2
0 Likes
ncsu_07

Yes. Everything seems to be working normally. This error message just pops up any time the phone has been idle a while or when you first turn it on. 

0 Likes
ncsu_07

Thanks. We tried this earlier. I’m not sure if it’s connected to email or not but I’m any case, it didn’t help. 😔 His emails are coming in just fine—what’s showing on his phone matches what shows on his computer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for the details, when the alert shows up, does it show a logo or icon related to a specific Verizon application like My Verizon or Verizon messages?~Pam

0 Likes
ncsu_07

No. Just a general error message on the home screen with the options of Continue, Details, or Cancel. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Appreciate the information, looking at some internal forums we show that this error is mostly related to an email account on the phone.  Did you add the email account through the settings on the phone or through a third party application like Yahoo or Gmail?~Pam

0 Likes
ncsu_07

The only email we set up on the phone was his work email which runs through Exchange. To set it up I went to settings -> mail -> accounts -> add account. Then it brings up the choices for the accounts or to add manually. I selected Exchange and went from there. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thanks for confirming, ncsu_07. For the next step, I recommend removing then re-adding the email account. Please let us know the outcome. -Tracy

0 Likes