Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
***Announcement: Early next week, we’ll be merging the current Fios and Wireless Communities into the all new Verizon Community! Beginning the evening of Sunday 12/4, both Communities will be placed in read-only mode. You’ll still be able to visit the Communities and browse content, but login will be disabled. On the afternoon of Monday 12/5, all users will be able to log into the new Verizon Community. We expect the new Community to be fully functional the morning of Friday 12/9. Additional details can be found in the Announcements board and under Featured Topics!
Trying to Preorder S21 and Verizon says Upgrade Unavailable on paid off S8
Brian133

On January 15, 2020 I pre-ordered a S21 through Samsung.com. I just received an email from Samsung saying "activation cannot be completed by your carrier and have been cancelled. For more information, please contact your carrier." I called Verizon and they showed the order and told me that I was eligible. Verizon cancelled the order on their end and told me that I was good to go immediately. I called Samsung and they tell me that I am still not able to order the phone that the upgrade is still unavailable for that account and that it's Verizon's fault.

My current phone, Samsung S8 has been paid off !!  Anyone else have this issue and a solution? I was told to wait 24 hours and it could take up to 5 days.  Looks like I'm not getting a phone anytime soon. #VERIZON terrible!

Re: Trying to Preorder S21 and Verizon says Upgrade Unavailable on paid off S8
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Brian133, we understand the importance of being able to upgrade your device. If you had a device paid off on a line that no longer has an active device payment agreement there should be no reason why you cannot upgrade to a new device. Did Samsung give a specific reason why you could not upgrade?

-Joshua

0 Likes
Brian133

I agree!!!! Samsung says "activation cannot be completed by your carrier and have been cancelled. For more information, please contact your carrier." I contacted Verizon twice. The first time they removed the order and told me that I was fine to place a new order. I tried and didn't work. I called Samsung and they told me that Verizon is saying that "Upgrade Unavailable". I contacted Verizon again and was told that It was fine. I tried again online and it still says "Upgrade is Unavailable" (I have the screen shot that I can email you). Samsung says that it is Verizon's fault. I tried on Best Buy.com website just for kicks and receive the same message "Upgrade Unavailable" thru Verizon. So, it looks like a Verizon issue. The first Verizon customer support told me that it could take between 2-5 days and then told me that I was fine. The second customer support told me that I was fine and maybe give it 24 hours??? either way, I will miss the pre order sales and the trade in amount. If you send me your email I can send you the screen shot. I have wasted enough of my time just to buy a fudging phone - Brian

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Those details are helpful, Brian133. You were informed correctly the first time as it may take up to 5 days for an order cancellation to clear the system and be able to process another upgrade. While we cannot access other retailers' ordering systems (Samsung, Best Buy, etc.) we can resolve any issue you encounter if you experience difficulties ordering directly from us at this link (https://m.vzw.com/m/hxhv). 

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes