Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trying to cancel my service
MOUNTAINS1

I have 3 lines that are eligible for upgrades.  All the "deals" are for new lines and new clients.  So now I am trying to cancel my service to move to another provider who is offering real deals, and cannot even get through.  Been on hold for one hour to cancel my service, still on hold.   Someone said that this is the model, that all the deals get offerered to only new clients.  Well, then lose my business after 20 years. Not my idea of a good business model.  

0 Likes
Re: Trying to cancel my service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

MOUNTAINS1, we greatly appreciate your loyalty for 20 years, and we hope that we have provided you with a great wireless experience over the years. We hope to provide your service for many years to come. Your time is valuable, so we apologize for the hold times. Your feedback on requirements for certain promotions will be reviewed for ways to improve. In the meantime, please click on the following web page https://www.verizonwireless.com/deals/ and select “Upgrade deals” at the top. We also recommend using the Verizon Up m.vzw.com/m/UpSocial rewards program for “Device Dollars” to reduce the cost of your next phone. Trading in an old device that you have is a great way to further reduce the cost. Here is a web page https://www.verizonwireless.com/od/trade-in/#/ with the details. Does this help?

DavidC_VZW

0 Likes
Ann154
MVP MVP
MVP

@MOUNTAINS1 wrote:

I have 3 lines that are eligible for upgrades.  All the "deals" are for new lines and new clients.  So now I am trying to cancel my service to move to another provider who is offering real deals, and cannot even get through.  Been on hold for one hour to cancel my service, still on hold.   Someone said that this is the model, that all the deals get offerered to only new clients.  Well, then lose my business after 20 years. Not my idea of a good business model.  

If you cancel your lines before you port the numbers to another carrier, you WILL lose the numbers. 

If you want to keep your phone numbers, go to the new carrier and port your numbers over to that carrier. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

MOUNTAINS1

Thank you, I had reviewed these offerings, and found that even Walmart had better offerings.  Other carriers are offering 2 for 1 to move over.  

0 Likes