Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trying to get an order refund from almost 2 months ago. Small claims court worthy?
drphil59

My husband and I switched over to Verizon early June, expecting better service for the price. On August 1st, I went to make an online purchase for some accessories using the Gift Cards we received for switching lines. I submitted the order not realizing that it would be charged to my account. I immediately called Verizon (1) and the representative told me that we can process a cancellation and then place a new order using the gift cards for payment, totally $560. 

Two days later, I received two identical orders. I called Verizon (2) again and they confirmed they saw the order cancellation on their end but it was never processed. So I used the provided return label and sent the second order back same day. Three weeks later, I checked online and my refund still had no been processed. I called Verizon (3) again and they said to give it another few days. A week later, no refund. At this point it had been over a month and my autopayment processed for my bill PLUS the non-cancelled $560 accessories order. I called Verizon (4) again, and spoke with several different representatives while on my more than 3 hour phone call. At the end of the call, they told me that they had processed my return manually for $560. A few days later I saw the refund in my checking account. Great news.

The next day I went to check my online bill and I received a notice that I was $560 past due. I called Verizon (5) and they assured me I was not past due. Next day I received a text message that my account was past due and if it was not paid I would be charged a late fee and my services would be disconnected. I called Verizon (6) and they assured me I was not past due. Next morning my husband and my phone's were disconnected. We were told until the $560 was paid, they would not turn our phones back on. We visited our local Verizon (7) store and were there for almost 3 hours while they were on the phone with customer support and processed a payment investigation ticket. My 14 month old daughter was breaking down at this point, so to expedite things we paid the $560 plus the $8.41 late fee. They assured me the refund would be processed in 2-3 business days.

It is now 10 days since that store visit and no refund has been processed. I am currently on the phone with Verizon (8), just hit 1.5 hours and my 5th representative. They have transferred me to several different departments. I am cancelling services as soon as I get this refund processed as I am nervous to do so before.

Any advice on if this should/could be taken to small claims court? Any advice on filing a claim with the BBB?

TIA

0 Likes
Re: Trying to get an order refund from almost 2 months ago. Small claims court worthy?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

I am shocked to hear about this experience. I would love to help in any way I can. I have sent you a private message so we can investigate this for you. 

-Amber

0 Likes