Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Trying to switch account owner between my two lines.
rockastrothree

I have 2 lines, I want to switch the "Account Owner" primary line from one to the other. I've tried to call *611 as well as chatting with the automated help, can't seem to get anywhere. Is this something that has to be face to face in a store? I'm the owner of both lines, I just want to assign the account owner title to the other number. Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Trying to switch account owner between my two lines.
Will6194

Good luck getting any help, due to this virus they have cut hours in there call centers. I have been trying to cancel a line for the last couple of days.

0 Likes
rockastrothree

Yeah, it's been a WHOLE thing. It should be so simple. I own both lines, I just want to switch this one thing, it should be so easy. I can't even get pointed in the right direction from the "chat". 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, we value your time and are surprised it has taken a couple of days to get your issue addressed. We are shocked to hear you are looking to cancel a line. If you do not mind us asking why are you looking to make such a move?

GilbertoL_VZW

rockastrothree

I own both lines, but my wife uses the one that is listed as "Account Owner", it's her call. I just need to switch the Account Owner tag to the other line.

0 Likes
Kraevin

I love how the original author of this thread asks for help on switching his alt line to his primary line and his current primary line to the alt line on the account, still keeping both lines in the process. Yet the Verizon Customer Rep replies back to another poster that replied to the original author about him cancelling his line. I guess someone cancelling their line takes priority over someone that isn't.

0 Likes
Ann154
Expert
Expert

I think what might have happened was your wife's line was the first one to register for their MyVerizon account online and was then assigned to the Account owner role. I think in the past one solution was to de-register both MyVerizon accounts and then re-register the correct line. This would require calling customer service at 1-800-922-0204 from a landline or another phone not on your account. Otherwise you can look through the Transfer of Service steps to see if there is a way to correct the issue that way.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/transfer-your-service-faqs/

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

rockastrothree,

I can certainly understand wanting to set these up a specific way so that the account you use the most has the primary access. Ann154 is right on the money in that there isn't a way just to switch them. To do this we would need to delete both of your current My Verizon accounts. You could then register new ones and make sure the one you register on your line selects that it is the account owner. So we can get details needed to help with that I have sent you a PM. Please reply when you are able to.

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes
marcverizon

What if I am willing to cancel the line that is the primary account owner?  Will I be able to have one of my other lines then become the new account owner?  

If not you are saying if I have an account with four lines in it and I cancel just the primary phone number line I need to make a new account and delete all my other lines to do so????

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Good afternoon. You'd want to perform an Assumption of liability. 

888-832-4540
Hours of Operation
Mon-Sat8:00AM - 7:00PM Local TimeSun8:00AM - 5:00PM Local Time

-Carter

0 Likes