Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Turn DATA ON/OFF temporary from my account, not the phone, is this possible?
chatfan

Hello people, 

I am no sure how to do this on VZW, I came from another major cell phone provider that let me turn data on or off any time, no fees involved either....

Is there any way to do this on VZW? on the server side? not in the phone....

I meant, in my account.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Re: Turn DATA ON/OFF temporary from my account, not the phone, is this possible?
acraftylady2

Never heard of it being done this way so will be curious to know.  What's the difference compared to turning it off on your phone? 

0 Likes
Re: Turn DATA ON/OFF temporary from my account, not the phone, is this possible?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

There aren't any plans that don't have data. Honestly, there isn't a way to not have a suspended payment for data only.

-Carter

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Thank you for reaching out today. We want to make sure that we're on the right path to assist you and provide you with accurate information.

We've noted the reference about turning data on/off temporarily. What exactly is being done with the device?

Here's why we're asking.

For example, when Airplane Mode is on, Verizon network voice and data services won't work, but Wi-Fi can be used. Although airplane mode shuts off access to your data and calling service, what you can use with airplane mode is Wi-Fi.

You can connect anywhere that has Wi-Fi and use any app or service on your phone that can be conducted through Wi-Fi. When you're connected to Wi-Fi you won't incur any data you use because you aren't using the Verizon Wireless network.

Did we explain this OK? -Robert C.

0 Likes