Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Unable to Cancel Disney+
abdowdy

I am unable to cancel my Disney+ promotion to avoid being billed next month.  It is not listed under "My Add-Ons" but is listed on my monthly bill.  Disney+ is listed under "All Add-Ons" as something I can sign up for, but not to cancel.  I spoke to someone from customer service on the phone, who had me check "My Add-Ons" 4 times and then told me he submitted a ticket somewhere that would take 10 business days.  Has anyone had success canceling their Disney+ promotion?

Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 10.33.13 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 10.33.51 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-10 at 10.34.01 AM.png

Re: Unable to Cancel Disney+
joshuapfarrar

I’m practically in the same boat, except my issue concerns the bundle. I had the Play More plan and redeemed the year of Disney+, and later paid extra for the bundle. I then upgraded to the Get More unlimited plan last week, and I’m unable to enroll in the promotion where the bundle comes included. Like you, there’s nothing that shows me being currently enrolled, and the extra charge is still on my account, so I’m effectively paying for the bundle twice. I sent them a message six days ago and have heard nothing back, and some digging has shown this seems to be a Verizon issue and not Disney+. It’s been a very frustrating week trying to find answers. 

0 Likes
abdowdy

Customer service has been very unhelpful.  They only know how to tell me to go to the Add-Ons page and cancel it from there, where it doesn't exist.  This has been a big waste of time with no results so far.  Apparently I need to post this on their Facebook or Twitter in order to get better service.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

We always want to help our customers in any way we can, abdowdy. We are here for you. 

Reviewing the screen shots you provided it looks like you are not going to be charged for Disney+. Please tell us why you feel that you will be charged for that service?

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
abdowdy

@vzw_customer_support 

The first screenshot is from my most recent bill.  It shows that the promotion period will be ending soon.  I want to cancel before being billed.

0 Likes
abdowdy

@vzw_customer_support 

I can see that I am not the only person that cannot cancel their Disney.  Shouldn't there be a known solution to this bug by now?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Abdowdy, we want to make sure this is something you are able to cancel. I do apologize you are having this experience. Please share with me how was the Disney+ bundle added to your account (My Verizon app or website from desktop)? Also, confirm for me do you have any pending orders on your account?

0 Likes
abdowdy

We enrolled with Disney+ through the Verizon web interface on a laptop.  I don't think there are any pending orders, where would I see that?  I have not made any account changes besides looking into how to cancel Disney+.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

abdowdy, we know the importance of ensuring that you are able to cancel your subscription as needed. We would like to take a closer look into this for you. I have sent you a Private Note. Please respond at your earliest convenience so we can help. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello, being on top of your Disney+ bundle is vital, especially if you cannot enroll in the offer. We are here to help. Please tell us more, what happens when you try to enroll? How are you trying to sign up?

0 Likes