Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Unable to Payoff Device On Website or App
CellPeeps540

For the past couple of weeks, I have been unable to access the web portal area for device payoff, either on Verizon.com or the My Verizon iPhone app. 

When I attempt to access the device payoff page on the website, I get the message: “We encountered an error while processing your request.”

When I attempt to access the device pay off page using the My Verizon app, I get the message: “Swapped Devices. We can’t complete your request right now. Sorry about that. Please try again later.”

I am aware that I can have a representative complete the transaction for device payoff via phone; however, I would prefer to not have to contact customer service (because of wait times) for each device I intend to pay off. I’d prefer this website’s pay off functionality to work. 

I informed Verizon of this via chat; however, I’ve not heard anything back. 

Has anyone else encountered this? Any solution? 

0 Likes
Re: Unable to Payoff Device On Website or App
Doggo
Novice

You're gonna have to call if the app or site isn't cooperating. Verizon promotes self serve, but the tools would suggest otherwise.

I also had an issue before too, except my phone payment was applied to the bill..even though I initially got a phone is now upgrade eligible confirmation. After that, I never bothered with upgrading through Verizon and went the unlocked route.

0 Likes
Re: Unable to Payoff Device On Website or App
CellPeeps540

😞

0 Likes