Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. Plus, waived smartphone activation fee when you buy online. Limited time offer.
end of navigation menu
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Unable to add a new debit card for my pre-paid account with Verizon
akoz18

I have called to Verizon customer service 10 times (!) over the course of three weeks and I spent over 15 hours with Verizon chat messaging, automated payment system and live agents waiting 30+ minutes at a time with Verizon customer support on the phone only to get disconnected and go back to the end of the line or being routed from one department to another, or being promised to get a call back from a Verizon manager who will fix my issue.  I was trying to add a new debit card to my pre-paid account to replace an old one which is expired. It is not accepting the new card either saying that I cannot add any more funds in the current months or displaying a message that I exhausted a number of attempts to update my payment information.  This is so frustrating.  So, I am no longer able to use Auto Pay because I am not able to add my new debit card.  My new debit card is fully activated and accepted for other payments.  I also went to a Verizon retail store but they told me they have no access to help with updating my payment information.  They gave me a phone number to call to speak with a live agent but I was just endlessly routed from one department to another with no success for resolving my issue.  Horrible experience!  

0 Likes
Re: Unable to add a new debit card for my pre-paid account with Verizon
vzw_customer_support
Customer Support

Hello. Thank you for bringing this to our attention today. We are here to help, and make sure you have no issues adding your new debit card to your Prepaid account. When did you first start to experience this issue when trying to update your payment method. Here is a link with instructions on how to update your payment method for auto-pay: https://www.verizon.com/support/how-to-use-my-verizon-for-prepaid/. Let us know if this helps. We will be standing by. *Bryan

0 Likes